Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

tzazu

Medalist
After three nights in a row on call, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I read the OP :reye: This new has been the best!!!! :points::yahoo::hap93: Now off to sleep:bed:

amonemae

Rinkside
I still can't believe this is happening! I am so happy for Dai, and I hope he is able to do well and 'skate for himself' like he says.

This off-season is really so exciting! :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
***losing my sheeeet at this very point, sitting at work***

OMGGGG

Even, if there will be like no big success for him results-wise, I am over the moon and sun to see him again on ice in competition - the presence, the style, the flair, the temperament, musicality, emotion in movement...My sentimental favourite is backkkk:cheer:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I can't believe it! Daisuke fans are the luckiest ever! Needles to say, I can't wait to see him again!

Btw. Wasn't Daisuke Shoma's idol? I wonder what was his reaction when he heard the news :biggrin:

Tally

Rinkside
***losing my sheeeet at this very point, sitting at work***

OMGGGG

Even, if there will be like no big success for him results-wise, I am over the moon and sun to see him again on ice in competition - the presence, the style, the flair, the temperament, musicality, emotion in movement...My sentimental favourite is backkkk:cheer:

I feel the exact same way! This news is by far the most exciting news for me yet during this drama-filled off-season! The guy is brilliant - his footwork sequences are among my favorite ever! The guy can MOVE! Havs anyone seen his LOTF performances? If not, I recommend googling it ASAP. SWOON! :drama:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I feel the exact same way! This news is by far the most exciting news for me yet during this drama-filled off-season! The guy is brilliant - his footwork sequences are among my favorite ever! The guy can MOVE! Havs anyone seen his LOTF performances? If not, I recommend googling it ASAP. SWOON! :drama:

:)

I do believe all his experience acquired after retirement, all the dancing/performance stuff he did, people whom he worked with, all of that will only enrich his skating as an experience, making it even more personal, customized, multi-dimensional. He is a natural dancer, deeply feeling the music and making it sing through his movement -already jealous of everyone who will be able to see him competing live!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Now I am curious, if he will do some Senior B comps...If he would only choose Nepela...:shocked::jaw:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Please don't forget Lambiel. His skating at shows nowadays has been just next-level amazing.

If I had to include Stephane (who is an amazing person equally as skater, after meeting him in person and speaking with him:love:), then I have to include also Jeffrey Buttle!!!:laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I don't know how the math works, but would TES increase or decrease with the new GOE scale? Considering the lowering of the BV, TES may decrease if the judges rarely give out +4s or +5s. Of course, they'll probably give out +2s or +3s like candy (like the current Ladies field).

If more skaters are rewarded with +4, +5 more than - 4 or -5 overall, it would certainly lead to bigger increases in TES overall, especially among the top tier skaters from the power feds.

If that is the case, there should be a greater argument about that there should be a greater separation of PCS between the top skaters more clearly, especially with the quads trends that have already tilted the balance towards the TES side massively already. It was suggested it can be done through factoring, but there are limits to the differentials between the skaters in PCS already, by factoring it may address the macro Maths, but not the micro. At Dai's bests.... If there are arguments that certain skaters deserve to win by PCS, Dai is it!!

Lambiel and Abbott (Ha! Someone said Buttle too? Cool!) should come back to figure skating too, putting out high-quality PCS performance to save figure skating. To enforce ISU finally fix PCS scoring once and for all - which they should, more so than GOEs.

The scoring with Shoma and Dai within the fed should be really interesting. We have the original who does not have fed's support, and then the imitator who has Fed's support but will he grow beyond Mini Daisuke tagline and into his own this season?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
If we do not talk about the judging issue, Daisuke has to prove that he deserve high PCS first. Just saying after years out of competitions, from the practice video, he looks slower than juniors now. People mistake that skating skills and presentation skills stay the same but in reality these skills can go down after a long time without intense practicing. I would be blunt here, if Dai perfomed with the same sluggish he showed on the practice video, I would give him no more 8.5 for PCS.

Of course Dai would have to meet all of the bullet points to get good PCS. Luckily the judges scores are not influenced by viewing
grainy practice videos that look sluggish. Personally I am going to wait and see what Dai puts out on the competitive ice before I
assign my armchair PCS range for his skating.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
If more skaters are rewarded with +4, +5 more than - 4 or -5 overall, it would certainly lead to bigger increases in TES overall, especially among the top tier skaters from the power feds.

If that is the case, there should be a greater argument about that there should be a greater separation of PCS between the top skaters more clearly, especially with the quads trends that have already tilted the balance towards the TES side massively already. It was suggested it can be done through factoring, but there are limits to the differentials between the skaters in PCS already, by factoring it may address the macro Maths, but not the micro. At Dai's bests.... If there are arguments that certain skaters deserve to win by PCS, Dai is it!!

Lambiel and Abbott (Ha! Someone said Buttle too? Cool!) should come back to figure skating too, putting out high-quality PCS performance to save figure skating. To enforce ISU finally fix PCS scoring once and for all - which they should, more so than GOEs.

The scoring with Shoma and Dai within the fed should be really interesting. We have the original who does not have fed's support, and then the imitator who has Fed's support but will he grow beyond Mini Daisuke tagline and into his own this season?

Granted I'm a big Shoma fan, but calling him an imitator at this point of his career is a bit unfair, don't you think? Yes, Daisuke was his biggest influence and stylistically they have many things in common, but this is going to be his 4th senior season and you still see Mini Daisuke when he skates?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Granted I'm a big Shoma fan, but calling him an imitator at this point of his career is a bit unfair, don't you think? Yes, Daisuke was his biggest influence and stylistically they have many things in common, but this is going to be his 4th senior season and you still see Mini Daisuke when he skates?

Right, so he had 3 seasons of tries already and at least for me, has not yet shown sufficient ownership and maturity establishing something new and within himself, not as anyone else. He looked like a junior underseasoned Daisuke past few seasons without the dynamism, and heavy propping from the federations with European Warhorse package against the like of Boyang Jin. Thus for me, his artistic credential is compromised by an imitation strategy worked on tried and tested formula, not an original, not authentic.

However, this season (4th) is looking promising, looks like he is starting with a Led Zepplin instead of another warhorse like Nessun Dorma.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Right, so he had 3 seasons of tries already and at least for me, has not yet shown sufficient ownership and maturity establishing something new and within himself, not as anyone else. He looked like a junior and underseasoned Daisuke past few seasons with heavy propping from the federations with heavy packaged European Warhorse against the like of Boyang Jin. Thus for me, his artistic credential is comprmised by an imitation strategy worked on tried and tested formula, not an original, not authentic.

However, this season (4th) is looking promising, looks like he is starting with a Led Zepplin instead of another warhorse like Nessum Dorma.

So what were his other many european warhorses besides Turandot? I disagree, I think that Shoma has come into his own. Last season was playing it safe though, I agree with that. I'm not going to argue this point here in this thread, because it is off-topic and not about Daisuke. I'd rather discuss what Daisuke's two programs are going to be like. David Wilson and Richaud Benoit.....it's going to be interesting. David Wilson did The Garden of Souls, one of my favourite Daisuke programs.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
So what were his other many european warhorses besides Turandot? I disagree, I think that Shoma has come into his own. Last season was playing it safe though, I agree with that. I'm not going to argue this point here in this thread, because it is off-topic and not about Daisuke. I'd rather discuss what Daisuke's two programs are going to be like. David Wilson and Richaud Benoit.....it's going to be interesting. David Wilson did The Garden of Souls, one of my favourite Daisuke programs.

I just hope Daisuke don't do another repeat... or war horse, otherwise there's truly no hope... I need him to be a Jedi!!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just hope Daisuke don't do another repeat... or war horse, otherwise there's truly no hope... I need him to be a Jedi!!

I just realized that the 2008/2009 season was the season that Daisuke missed because of his injury. Full circle 10 years later! The last real warhorse was Romeo & Juliet in 2007/2008. And Swan Lake, same season. :) Idk, I just don't think he comes back to skate to Carmen or Turandot. And he did the Jedi thing already, lol.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I just realized that the 2008/2009 season was the season that Daisuke missed because of his injury. Full circle 10 years later! The last real warhorse was Romeo & Juliet in 2007/2008. And Swan Lake, same season. :) Idk, I just don't think he comes back to skate to Carmen or Turandot. And he did the Jedi thing already, lol.

Right... I need him to be a Yoda!!!! :biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shoma's Legends and Loco were war horses? This year's Rodrigo y Gabriela is a war horse? Great Spirits? :scratch3: (sorry for the :eek:topic:)