Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

Plumededragon

Medalist
Please, no Shoma bashing if that’s possible? Regarding him, I’m just curious to know if he has made a comment or something because I’m curious to see what it is, as he said before he had regrets he didn’t get to compete with Daisuke before his retirement.
And honestly I have a hard time imagining Daisuke failing to qualify for Nationals...

Even if I wish he would try for an int’ competition (Challenger or something), I understand he wants to be ready for the season first.

lyndichee

Medalist
Why are people getting hung up over Dai's PCS without even seeing him skate or seeing his programs? He could be super competitive, he could not be... but the point is he's skating for the enjoyment and challenge and it's too early to jump to conclusions and how this should affect other skaters' marks.

Also while Dai has been underscored in some competitions, he's also been generously rewarded on PCS in spite of tech issues.

I mean, at his most recent competition, the 2014 Olympics, where he was 4th SP/6th LP/6th overall, he had the 12th best TES in the SP (and 3rd highest PCS). In the LP he had the 13th best TES (and 2nd highest PCS).

Because people on the forum always want to have that "I told you so" moment where they can call it as they see fit. It is so annoying and one of the reasons I don't post as often as I do anymore. People cannot compliment or give criticism without talking down about someone else or bringing in their favourites.

gerorin

On the Ice
I know this thread is a few days old already but I've English Subbed Dai-chan's first TV appearance after announcing return here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7yWU6Tm64

(Click on the CC button to see the sub. This is uploaded as an unlisted video in a throwaway YT account of mine as I'm trying not to upload illegal stuff in my main YT account)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
When I read the title of this thread I though it was a joke or the dream of a die hard fan. Reading a few pages, did not clear my mind. Daisuke and Stephane are my favourite skaters ever. How on earth can a battered skater compete with teenagers doing 6 quads in a program is difficult to imagine. The introduced limit may lower that number, still a 4 quad program is not at all easy. I know GOE might help him, but that's not enough for podium places. Now, I don't care what place Daisuke lands, I only want him to see him skating. I am in paradise. Go boy!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well obviously we're now all waiting anxiously for Uncle Dick B to announce HIS return to the competitive arena.

:hap36:

Amef

Final Flight
Congrats to Dai fans! You guys must be partying when Dai announced his unretirement.. Good luck on getting J nationals tickets [emoji106]

Sabrina

Record Breaker
From a distance, Daisuke comeback may be a bit similar with what Emanuel Sandhu did when he came back for the nationals. The 2 skaters are quite different, but both are extremely artistic. They both trained by themselves, so had no coach. Both Sandhu programs at nationals were gorgeous, but without the big jumps (3A, quads), he placed quite low for his name. But, beyond results, he was the only real classical ballet dancer on ice.
I really wish to see Daisuke skating again, and not only at nationals.