Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know the assignments are out, but could he get on the sub list as a comeback skater since he was seeded within the last 10 years? He could the nhk spot too, but he may not need that.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not this one. :slink: Are there really "former Daisuke fans"? I wouldn't want to know them.

this is silly right? i loved dai.. i love shoma... and i will love both of them next year.. figure skating isn't a marriage guys... you can love more than one skater

cohen-esque

Final Flight
I know the assignments are out, but could he get on the sub list as a comeback skater since he was seeded within the last 10 years? He could the nhk spot too, but he may not need that.
No, you have to commit before they meet to set the assignments. I don’t think he could get onto the substitute list(?) but am less sure of the rules.

He can hopefully get the NHK host pick. :agree2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg guys.. who cares about the technicalities of the GP? dai is back!!!!!! let's rejoice!!!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
:shocked:

Probably the most shocking off-season news but a very pleasant surprise. I mean if Carolina is still competing at 31, Daisuke being one year older is not too much of a stretch, especially with Worlds in Saitama this year again, after having to sit out of WC2014. And if he is competing in NHK, it be sort of unreal that Shoma Uno competes with his idol and also against his comtemporary's (Stephane's) student, Deniss Vasiljevs. Anyways, wish him the best of luck and looking forward to seeing those new programs :agree:.

lady_bee

Medalist
MAJI?:eekn:(What?, in English) I need someone to pinch my cheek.

I want Oda, Machida, and Kozuka will follow him!

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
The Japanese national team has three slots for men and Daisuke Takahashi can get back into the national team even without a quad, which may be why he decided to return to competition after watching last year's Japanese nationals. Daisuke made a quadruple flip attempt at the 2010 Worlds with a two-footed landing and he was almost there.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Wow, waking up in FS fandom is a wild ride these days! Welcome back, Daisuke!