Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

mikeko666

Final Flight
So strange to see Daisuke back to competitions. With all due respect for a great skater like him, i hope this return don't cloud the rise of Tomono for the third japanese spot.

Don't worry. He is not thinking about competing internationally at the moment. He is aware that he might take chances away from younger skaters.

I believe he should go to Worlds if he deserves, though.

russell30

Final Flight
Unexpected news....:eeking:

BUT :love:Takahashi.....i love his style of skating and the PCS would be great but the technical demands have somewhat leaped forward in four years and now its all about the quads BUT...with changes in ISU rule with the quads it could be interesting...

Is Takahashi back to FULL training as that will be the biggest test to his body.....if he has stayed in shape and is fit should be no room for concern...as with Kostner will be lovely to see him back , just oozes class!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Now I know why the News reel was cut so much, Dai is the king of run-on sentences and also completely jumping tracks when in the middle of a thought. :laugh: He must have been quite nervous about this conference. :ghug:

Edit: I also don't think this is a 'full' video. There's more stuff quoting Dai in other articles that he isn't saying in this video.

Thanks I edited my post.

Haleth

On the Ice
Congrats Dai and all props to you! I will happily cheer for you alongside Yuzu, Shoma, Kazuki, Keiji and the other Japanese men. I hope you find joy in your skating once more.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
OMG, this is fantastic news, I´m sooo happy!!! I have always liked Takahashi´s skating, especially his 2010 OG sp...

Maybe Fernandez should reconsider his semi-retirement...?

deedee1

Record Breaker
:shocked: I was so into Super Rugby and Football this weekend. Totally unexpected... :shocked:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
OH MY GOD YES
I was watching his Blues for Klook just two days ago! This is an amazing news :love:
I would have thought that of all the Japanese men that could have possibly returned to competition the most likely was Nobu (I mean, at last year's Japan Open he landed two Quad Toes), given the problems Dai and Takahiko Kozuka had with their quads late in their career and that Machida retired to complete his studies, but anything is possible. I bet Dai's return couldn't have been predicted in the Crazy Prediction Thread neither!

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
I must be dreaming, this is too sweet to be real. One of the most beautiful men who ever skated, and this time he's skating to make himself happy. Before... remember when he dazzled us with his creativity and passion? He was just playing by the rules then...

Kelly

On the Ice
oh my god, I never thought I would see Dai's 3A again, even in my dream! :love: Thanks. :thank:

Thanks for the English link. "I’m sure it will be necessary to have jumps to compete, so for that I am looking at Nathan Chen’s jumps very closely."

And Nathan can learn some from Dai's light and effortless 3A.
;)

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Daisuke Takahashi is aiming at performing two kinds of quads twice in free and he is already capable of landing the triple axel jump, which he has been practicing with his former coach. This challenge is limited to one season and domestic competitions only. I think he can beat Keiji Tanaka and reach the podium at the Japanese Nationals.

yude

Record Breaker

There is a huge typo in the Japanese original article, he said his jumps were almost better than those in the latter of his past competitive career, not "better than the younger skaters.". Japanese journalist heard him wrong and wrote "後輩 (kohai)", but correct word is "後半" (kohan). I hope the writer will fix this as soon as possible because the meaning is very different.

I watched this part on TV by accident last night, and other Daisuke's fans also pointed out the typo, so I believe I am right ;)

firal

Record Breaker
Wonderful, shocking, all at once! He said he started getting ready for it in April so I'm confident that he is where he likes to be and is on his way back! Love how he announced it on the first day of new season:biggrin: and managed to just mention it to his skating pals like Mao and Nobu before today.

Can't wait to find out his music choice!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So I'm interested to see with at Benoit Richard program will look on him. Daisuke hasn't worked with him previously, no?