Where are they now? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Where are they now?

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Why has Adelina never made an official announcement? I can only assume she's never skating competitively again...

Why, it seems they were saying Plushenko would help her to return to competitive skating. He was saying shows were so bad for her. Maybe he has changed his mind.
Anyway, her situation is not so bad. I never thought she would be forgotten, when another champion appears. She just needs to keep fit.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
One more name I remembered - Jin Seo Kim. Does anyone know what happened to him? Not enough points to qualify for major competitions, or has he retired?

His new season's choreographer is Zijun Li!
Which would be a news for both Kim and Li.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
His new season's choreographer is Zijun Li!
Which would be a news for both Kim and Li.

Haha this is another one of those truly a bizarre news, but this seasons is full of these, not surprised anymore.
Is Kim not retired?

The weirder news would be Adelina decide to come back - join Medevedeva at the Cricket club. Beat everyone by Worlds with record level of +5 GOEs and PCS with 5 triples.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Jin Seo if he continues! That's welcome news as there are so many retirements and splits.

Also, does anyone know if Italy's Ivan Righini is still competing? I see he's active on twitter, but he's not assigned to any GPs.

Enero

On the Ice
I’d be curious to know what Maria Butyrskaya and Irina Slutskaya are up to these days.

I know that Irina married while still competing and I believe I read that she had a baby some years ago.

I wonder if either are still involved with skating in some way?

LRK

Record Breaker
I’d be curious to know what Maria Butyrskaya and Irina Slutskaya are up to these days.

I know that Irina married while still competing and I believe I read that she had a baby some years ago.

I wonder if either are still involved with skating in some way?

Irina is still skating. For example, she's been doing some of Plushy's shows like Snow King and Nutcracker.

Trailer for the original Snow King:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1cSePdfYK0

The Nutcracker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hyAvR5eVA

Photo from last July:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWPD6sWhoH5/?taken-by=emanuelsandhu

Irina's performance from Plushy's birthday show in November:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj9xDmI4d6c

I don't doubt she's been doing other things as well - hopefully someone will step in with more info.:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

What a great interview of Anton! Thank you for the link, LRK.

Q. have you married officially?

Anton: Yes. [sons are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2] Now I understand what happiness is, why people talk so much about family, children. It's a new feeling for me. I feel very big changes in my mindset. The inner world becomes different.​

I also really love everything he said about Elena.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Several years ago, Irina and her young son were in one of Kristi Yamaguchi's Family and Friends TV ice specials. They did a cowgirl/cowboy routine that was adorable and fabulous. Somehow that program and music seemed (to me) to fit Irina's personality and skating style to a T!

megenta

Rinkside
Does anyone know what Kiira Korpi is up to nowadays? She was such a beautiful skater.

She got married to her boyfriend and lives in Manhattan because her husband works at Tom Ford. A biography of her will be published in the fall. She dropped out from her business studies many years ago, skates shows sometimes and wants to have babies now.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She got married to her boyfriend and lives in Manhattan because her husband works at Tom Ford. A biography of her will be published in the fall. She dropped out from her business studies many years ago, skates shows sometimes and wants to have babies now.

I saw her in May, performing with Ice Theatre of New York. She is looking lovely and graceful as always.