Where are they now? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where are they now?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Roxanne Rheault from Canada? Where is she?

Agnes Zawadski?

Agnes was touring with a cruise ship skating company. And she’s coaching out of the Chicagoland area now as well as getting her certification as a pilates instructor.

cinnamon

On the Ice
While I love seeing Ashley compete, and events are more entertaining when she participates, I think she does care about placements and earning assignments to the biggest events. Given that her legacy includes multiple national champs, world and (team) Olympic medals, it might be hard for Ashley to be motivated to train only to get GP assignments and maybe National medals. The season off will allow her to assess her form and see how she stacks up against the US field.
In a way it is pitty she is not taking this chance, for currently the American ladies are not so strong.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
For myself I'll add Coomes/Buckland, Capellini/Lanotte, Stolbova/Klimov, Wang/Wang, Hochstein... I do not see them in the GP list and there's been no announcement, so I wonder what's going on with them: retired for good, injuries, other reasons...? I'd really like to know.
Liza and Polina OTOH should be fine as they're scheduled for GP.

Well the Wangs participated in the seminar in the cluv that they are in.

I am personally interested to Craig Buntin, Emily Samuelson, and Vanessa Crone. And Zijun Li.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… I am personally interested to Craig Buntin ...

Last month, Craig Buntin was the interviewee for Episode 1 of the Skate Canada Alumni podcast.

The podcast (posted Jun 19) is over 45 minutes long.
If you listen to it, hope that you will post about it. :)
(I have not listened to it.)

[The text accompanying the podcast has a bit of current-ish information (most of which has been mentioned previously on GS when Buntin's name has come up in recent years).]

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Last month, Craig Buntin was the interviewee for Episode 1 of the Skate Canada Alumni podcast.

Thx I’ll read it. Fighting for Emily!

The podcast (posted Jun 19) is over 45 minutes long.
If you listen to it, hope that you will post about it. :)
(I have not listened to it.)

The text accompanying the podcast has a bit of current-ish information (most of which has been mentioned previously on GS when Buntin's name has come up in recent years).]

Wow! I actually loved him with Meagan. Thanks a lot:)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
One more name I remembered - Jin Seo Kim. Does anyone know what happened to him? Not enough points to qualify for major competitions, or has he retired?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Where is Anton Sikharulidze? He was so dreamy to see in person. I saw both Anton and David Pelletier in 2001......Incredibly handsome.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
He used to be a politician in Russia I believe. And was he involved in the Russian Federation or ISU or some such skating organization?

I always wanted him to marry the angelic lady he partnered but she married and had baby with Steve Cousins I think... but it didn’t last. I hope I got that right. I don’t know if he ever married or had kids. He and Elena were beautiful on ice. Never flawless but definitely one of the all time great Russian pairs AFAIT anyway

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Where is Anton Sikharulidze? He was so dreamy to see in person. I saw both Anton and David Pelletier in 2001......Incredibly handsome.

Anton is the godfather to Elena's son. He has his own son (who should be around 4 years old now) with his partner Viktoria . He was married to someone else for a few years back in 2013-15ish.

Last I knew Anton was the Chairman of the Russian State Duma Committee for Physical Culture and Sport.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
One more name I remembered - Jin Seo Kim. Does anyone know what happened to him? Not enough points to qualify for major competitions, or has he retired?

He actually said he was going to retire after the 2018 nats which was held in January, but it seems he’s gonna have one more season due to some problems (school things, highly referred). But not sure if he’s gonna compete

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Has Katia G basically retired or is she still asked to Asian shows? And what of her ex the great Kulik? His school,closed. Where is he now?

Kulik also was going to skate in Averbukh's "Alice in Wonderland" this winter (2017-2018), but he didn't skate. Gordeeva came and skated as The Red Queen.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Why has Adelina never made an official announcement? I can only assume she's never skating competitively again...