Favourite In-Place Choreography | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Favourite In-Place Choreography

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wagner's Black Swan during her breakout performance.

As a ballet dancer, I was a bit insulted by that one. It's nice that she wants to replicate dance, but there's so much more than the usual "bouree in a circle" thing that most people do to make fun of dancers. She probably didn't mean it like that, but now it's all I can think of... :sad21:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
As a ballet dancer, I was a bit insulted by that one. It's nice that she wants to replicate dance, but there's so much more than the usual "bouree in a circle" thing that most people do to make fun of dancers. She probably didn't mean it like that, but now it's all I can think of... :sad21:

It's a cleverly placed moment in her step sequence to pay tribute. She got applause, rather than laughter, in Nice for it too. Compare it to Julian Yee's Ex at Nebelhorn, where he is actually parodying Swan Lake.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sorrento, thanks for posting; anything Stephane did was exciting!! His straight line step sequence was wonderful. I also love Poeta. I also think if Stephane did his jumps clean, he would have been one of the greatest figure skaters of all time. Just my opinion.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Sorrento, thanks for posting; anything Stephane did was exciting!! His straight line step sequence was wonderful. I also love Poeta. I also think if Stephane did his jumps clean, he would have been one of the greatest figure skaters of all time. Just my opinion.

I really love all of the programs he did that season. All of them. Poeta, Un giorno per noi, Carne Cruda. I fell in love with his skating that season.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Not a fan of it, especially in the beginning of programs. In the middle it is still bearable but in the beginning it's like skate already, we didn't come to watch miming.