Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Wasn't expected to see her under Plushy, but at least she is in good health :thumbsup:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hopefully she'll be the first skater of Plushenko's who works out in the end.

I guess this is a good thing if I consider it from Anna's perspective, considering that she can now receive some more attention.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Wasn't expected to see her under Plushy, but at least she is in good health :thumbsup:
Doesn't necessarily mean that she doesn't still have health problems (according to Kostornaya at the end of June she was still not fully recovered from her heath issues), but at least she is healthy enough to continue skating. One of my favourite Juniors last season :love:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Unexpected but i can't say it's a bad choice.

I don't think she was a great fit for Eteri's packaging, i haven't seen big improvements (her posture looks worse now) besides maybe more consistency with the 3ltz-3T, plus she wasn't the best junior from that group and as we saw with many other skaters, one big issue from that team has is that they tend to not bother their B-C tier students enough.

Her skating is very passionate and she looks a fighter on the ice so i think she will be fine with Plushenko, plus he needs more competitive skaters.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Hopefully she'll be the first skater of Plushenko's who works out in the end.

What do you mean?

He did so many great things for both Samoylov and Sakhanovich, they weren't exactly the most talented skaters out there.

Vlad achieved his best results last year with Plushenko, silver medal at his only JGP appearance (with 2 spots he could have qualified for JGPF), and he did fine at Nationals. He needs to work on the stamina for the free skate but he's in good hands.

Sima was about to quit the sport, Evgeni restored her technique and her consistency almost entirely, and she did fine at Skate America beating World's bronze medalist Gabby Daleman and then finishing in the top 10 at Russian Nationals for a girl nowadays is a great result.

He needs more promising skaters, and Nastya is a good one.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Wow! I think this is great news! I'm excited to see how she will evolve now under Plushenko's guidance. I mean, everything should work out brilliantly! I love them both, it will be really cute to see them together! :love:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The main improvement was in consistency. Last season she had mostly disaster skates with just about 2 clean skates the entire season. This season she was clean almost everywhere. The only major failure was the croatian JGP event. On packaging, I somewhat disagree because I think her programs and choreo - especially the SP - worked great for her. I don't think that she'd work so well with traditional choreo. Her choreo and packaging was a major success if anything for me. I don't know about posture, I tend to notice it instantly if it bothers me but hers didn't bother me.

What do you mean?

He did so many great things for both Samoylov and Sakhanovich, they weren't exactly the most talented skaters out there.
Mikhailova, Sakhanovich, Sotnikova. None of them worked out. And I don't think they're with him anymore, either(I don't know about Sotnikova's status, but even if she is with him, she sure hasn't been competing).

On Sakhanovich - She was a pretty good talent, see her junior accomplishments.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Her skating is very passionate and she looks a fighter on the ice so i think she will be fine with Plushenko, plus he needs more competitive skaters.

I disagree. He is on the shows continously for example he was in Japan for 1,5 months. He is on the transitional period from skating to coaching work. Probably he thinks as long as he is popular as long as he is interesting for the people he skates. But he must choose or he would have to undertake less shows.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Unexpected but i can't say it's a bad choice.

I don't think she was a great fit for Eteri's packaging, i haven't seen big improvements (her posture looks worse now) besides maybe more consistency with the 3ltz-3T, plus she wasn't the best junior from that group and as we saw with many other skaters, one big issue from that team has is that they tend to not bother their B-C tier students enough.

I wouldn't say unexpected, there has been talk of Nastya maybe leaving Eteri for a while, for about as long as information about her health problems. Still, the decision seems to have been made abruptly, as she simply gathered her things and left the camp in Novogorsk. I wish she changed coaches during the transfer window, she would have had more choice of where to go. I am hoping Plushenko manages her well, she is such an exciting skater.

SkySkater

On the Ice
I’m just really interested to see her choreo because with this move she’ll need to have two new programs probably. I wonder if Plushy will be able to get anyone in to do some awesome programs because whilst I liked hers last year I thought they were a tad frantic in combination and I think she had masses of potential.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Mikhailova, Sakhanovich, Sotnikova. None of them worked out. And I don't think they're with him anymore, either(I don't know about Sotnikova's status, but even if she is with him, she sure hasn't been competing).

On Sakhanovich - She was a pretty good talent, see her junior accomplishments.

Yes but they weren't exactly the best picks you could find, especially at those moments.

I know all of them: Mikhailova was solid with Inna Goncharenko but outside some decent jump and good consistency she has some poor/average skating skills, she's slow on the ice,... I don't think she's ever had chances to win something important.

Sotnikova said that she didn't find a reason to compete again especially now that you have to face new waves of junior skaters every year that are so much better than her, it's very difficult to get back especially when you skip seasons because of injuries, on top of that there is also a lack of motivations (she had already the Olympic gold medal, she didn't need to compete again)

Sakhanovich was great in juniors with Pisarenko and then Tutberidze but after she came back to SPB she had to deal with puberty and also dealing with a different working style, less resources,... she ended up being a hot mess, two seasons ago she couldn't land a 3-3 consistently, she was always so insecure on every jump, she finished 12th at Nationals and the fed didn't even want her to compete for junior competitions in Russia.

With Plushenko she got back almost all her triples, but in order to do so they had to water down the choreography of both programs, so you couldn't expect big scores out of nowhere especially without a good ranking position / reputation,... But the improvements were very clear, i think with another year or two she could have been even better than that.

The difference on the scores is also clear:

Serafima at 2016 Skate America (before Plushenko): 163.84 (7th)
2017 Russian Nationals: 175.53 (12th)

2017 Skate America (with Plushenko): 189.75 (5th)
2018 Russian Nationals: 197.44 (9th)

As far as i know she now came back to SPB again to work with Angelina Turenko. (which was probably the best choice for her there)

I disagree. He is on the shows continously for example he was in Japan 1,5 months. He is on the transitional period from skating to coaching work. Probably he thinks as long as he is popular as long as he is interesting for the people he skates. But he must choose or he would have to undertake less shows.

I think he would do less shows with more competitive students, but keep in mind that shows are also his way to make money: making his own figure skating club in Moscow was a big investment.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I wonder if Nastya is paying her own money or if she got a grant from the school which they give to the more promising students. It's a private school and the state isn't going to fully finance her training there.

Amei

Record Breaker
Good for her, Sambo has a lot of really good skaters and there is only so much time in the day for coaches/choreographers to go around and give skaters the right amount of attention, maybe she felt she was getting the right amount of attention. Plus, considering the rumors that were circulating when she left camp (that her health was the issue) this seems like the best outcome.

Though it makes you wonder that Sambo/Eteri has lost 3 big skaters this off-season with Evgenia, Polina T and now Anastasia T....

hanca

Record Breaker
Good for her, Sambo has a lot of really good skaters and there is only so much time in the day for coaches/choreographers to go around and give skaters the right amount of attention, maybe she felt she was getting the right amount of attention. Plus, considering the rumors that were circulating when she left camp (that her health was the issue) this seems like the best outcome.

Though it makes you wonder that Sambo/Eteri has lost 3 big skaters this off-season with Evgenia, Polina T and now Anastasia T....
I think it will be good for her. It must be horrible to be fighting every day at practices with her direct competitors. Having one direct competitor is one thing, but being four of them (Trusova, Scherbakova, Kostornaya and Tarakanova) must have been awful. No matter how friendly they are towards each other, I don’t believe the federation will let all four move to seniors after this coming season when they all become eligible. So they are really fighting for survival. I don’t think I would want to be reminded of that at every practice. If one has a bad day, nothing worse than seeing how your direct competitors are having a good day. Very emotionally draining.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Tarakanova is a very dynamic skater who leaves everything on the ice. Plushenko is quite dramatic and high energy (footwork sequences at least) so that could match her style well. I'm glad she's going to someone who will make her a good competitor but I really disliked her packaging and programs and I wish she has gone to someone who could actually help her learn finesse and subtlety. But a great opportunity for her to learn from one of the best competitors and for him to get such a technically talented student.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'll be surprised if she is still with him by next season...seems to me more like a temporary stopgap measure, since AOP seems to have about the same turnover rate as the White House. I think there had to be extenuating circumstances for her to leave the camp so abruptly and switch coaches in July. There was really no time to mull over the next step if she is hoping to partake in the JGP.