Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Am I the only person that thinks Plushenko needs to pick a horse to sit on? Be a coach or being a traveling show-skater, but this attempt at being both is a disservice to the people who are paying a small fortune for him to be their coach.

No, you aren't the only one. If you read me I wrote similar things. :yes: He needs to choose soon!! The 60-70 little pupils are paying and he can't be the coach all of them and I don't think he needs to coach them continously. The olders receive grants. For example Sima didn't pay anything, Plush payd her medical treatment when she arrived and she was injured. He is the "main coach" in the school, but for example Sima worked with Lavrenchuk , ( Plush went with her to Skate America because he had visa of US solely) Samoilov with Vasilyev continously. The academy is like the other clubs there are several coaches with pupils.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Isn't RusFed paying for Medvedeva's training at the private TCC school? I know Medvedeva has won more medals than Tarakanova, but if they'll pay a private Canadian coach to train a Russian skater, why wouldn't they pay a private Russian coach to train a Russian skater?
Not to anyone's knowledge. RusFed is obviously paying Evgenia but likely in the same amount as for any other Team Russia member. And Tarakanova is on the Junior team which is not financed to the same extent afaik, and they are certainly not about to start funding private training for their Junior skaters.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not to anyone's knowledge. RusFed is obviously paying Evgenia but likely in the same amount as for any other Team Russia member. And Tarakanova is on the Junior team which is not financed to the same extent afaik, and they are certainly not about to start funding private training for their Junior skaters.

Ah yeah, I hadn't considered that she's still a junior.

moriel

Record Breaker

Considering the age and the medals, its Zhenya who looks like Adelina.

No, you aren't the only one. If you read me I wrote similar things. :yes: He needs to choose soon!! The 60-70 little pupils are paying and he can't be the coach all of them and I don't think he needs to coach them continously. The olders receive grants. For example Sima didn't pay anything, Plush payd her medical treatment when she arrived and she was injured. He is the "main coach" in the school, but for example Sima worked with Lavrenchuk , ( Plush went with her to Skate America because he had visa of US solely) Samoilov with Vasilyev continously. The academy is like the other clubs there are several coaches with pupils.

Pretty sure he went to SA with her for PR reasons mainly. I mean, its first time any of his pupils goes to a major competition, he got to show up. Pretty sure he would have gone there even if all of the coaches had US visas.

But back to subject, do we have any news about Nastya? How is she doing, are she getting her jumps back?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Considering the age and the medals, its Zhenya who looks like Adelina.

Pretty sure he went to SA with her for PR reasons mainly. I mean, its first time any of his pupils goes to a major competition, he got to show up. Pretty sure he would have gone there even if all of the coaches had US visas.

But back to subject, do we have any news about Nastya? How is she doing, are she getting her jumps back?

No. :) Plushy performed in the end of October in NY thus he had visa. Only he had. You could read it in the news if I remember well they wanted to ask Rukavicin to sit with her at K&C. Sima's spot was a surprise, I don't believe Lavrenchuk had reason to have a visa to America. That was a big mess, because Plush was on Slovakia on his "Plushenko 35" birthday tour. If you remember he praised Lavrenchuk when he talked about Sima.
Maybe you read too much Russian forums :laugh: how I bored this "PR" stuff. If he plants a tree with his dad in his garden that is PR for many Russians. :laugh:

edit: they arrived in Bulgaria. In Bulgaria they are holding the summer camp. No training videos on it . Yet.

Adelina yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYhDZUlmbt/?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYOW9slLMI/? Anfisa Ryabova

serephy

On the Ice

@AngelsofPlushenko posted a video of her working on choreo in one of the dance studios yesterday (unfortunately no music). But personally, I think the footage is a few days old because its one of the dance studios at the Academy but Nastya would have been in Bulgaria/on her way to Bulgaria at the time the video was posted.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I’m so worried. Her jumps don’t look really okay in the new training videos. I wish she would have stayed with Eteri but oh well, the past is in the past. I wish Nastya all the best, speedy recovery and get some quads.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I’m so worried. Her jumps don’t look really okay in the new training videos. I wish she would have stayed with Eteri but oh well, the past is in the past. I wish Nastya all the best, speedy recovery and get some quads.

“Speedy recovery“ and “get some quads“ in the same sentence? This quad obsession is really getting out of hand. :laugh2:

More serious now: I wish Nastya all the best, I really liked her last season. I understand why she wanted to change coach, even though she had brilliant performances last season, she was always overshadowed by the likes of Trusova and Kostornaya. And now Sherbakova is back again, too! So, basically, three girls with either 3A or one or multiple quads she‘s up against battling for attention from her coach... that‘s not a very rosy picture. I‘m not sure whether Plushenko is the right coach for her and I would have preferred her to go to someone more experienced but if she‘s happy there, that‘s fine. All the best to Nastya! Slay next season! :cheer: