Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova leaves Tutberidze

charlotte14

Medalist
Maybe she will come back to her previous coach in the end. Plushenko has to spend more time on coaching if he wants to keep his school running.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes but they weren't exactly the best picks you could find, especially at those moments.

I know all of them: Mikhailova was solid with Inna Goncharenko but outside some decent jump and good consistency she has some poor/average skating skills, she's slow on the ice,... I don't think she's ever had chances to win something important.

Sotnikova said that she didn't find a reason to compete again especially now that you have to face new waves of junior skaters every year that are so much better than her, it's very difficult to get back especially when you skip seasons because of injuries, on top of that there is also a lack of motivations (she had already the Olympic gold medal, she didn't need to compete again)

Sakhanovich was great in juniors with Pisarenko and then Tutberidze but after she came back to SPB she had to deal with puberty and also dealing with a different working style, less resources,... she ended up being a hot mess, two seasons ago she couldn't land a 3-3 consistently, she was always so insecure on every jump, she finished 12th at Nationals and the fed didn't even want her to compete for junior competitions in Russia.

With Plushenko she got back almost all her triples, but in order to do so they had to water down the choreography of both programs, so you couldn't expect big scores out of nowhere especially without a good ranking position / reputation,... But the improvements were very clear, i think with another year or two she could have been even better than that.

The difference on the scores is also clear:

Serafima at 2016 Skate America (before Plushenko): 163.84 (7th)
2017 Russian Nationals: 175.53 (12th)

2017 Skate America (with Plushenko): 189.75 (5th)
2018 Russian Nationals: 197.44 (9th)

As far as i know she now came back to SPB again to work with Angelina Turenko. (which was probably the best choice for her there)

I think he would do less shows with more competitive students, but keep in mind that shows are also his way to make money: making his own figure skating club in Moscow was a big investment.

Yes, Sima was great under Plush, and I like her so much.:) But I don't think she will be a top skater among in seniors. If she really wants to be competitive she should have stayed and work away from her parents as many skaters have done before. Mikhaylova wasn't his student, she just stayed there for 2 months after Goncharova's retiring. She went with Lavrenchuk to Sambo I believe she has connect with her they worked together while she was at Academy. Sotnikova was injured continously we will see in this year. Samoylov was injured when he arrived to him and he trains with belt around his waist continously. But the development is undeniable.
So I believe we can't decide he is a really good coach right now. We will see.

Yes, that is a private Academy they pay every bill

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I think it will be good for her. It must be horrible to be fighting every day at practices with her direct competitors. Having one direct competitor is one thing, but being four of them (Trusova, Scherbakova, Kostornaya and Trusova)

Trusova: So good, she counts as two competitors!!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m kind of happy for her actually ;)

IMO she is leaving Danill more than anything else. I think he was basically her main coach and the vibe I always got was that he was the one looking after her the most. I’m not worried about losing him as her choreographer though. Not that he wasn’t good or they were a bad match...quite the opposite actually. She is a fierce competitor and I think that will come thru regardless who choreographs for her. Of this I think I am the most certain...well....maybe :laugh:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
She is a fierce competitor and I think that will come thru regardless who choreographs for her. Of this I think I am the most certain...well....maybe :laugh:

I wouldn't be that certain if Averbukh lays his hands on her. :biggrin:

SkySkater

On the Ice
I wonder if Nastya is paying her own money or if she got a grant from the school which they give to the more promising students. It's a private school and the state isn't going to fully finance her training there.

I think she probably has a form of grant or a scholarship to go there because having international athletes is very important to help build up Plushy's academy so more parents will send their kids there. I think that Sima had her tuition completely paid which is why Plushy was really annoyed when she left so it could be a similar situation but not sure. Just a question cause I can't remember but it Plushenko's academy in Moscow or St Petersburg

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think she probably has a form of grant or a scholarship to go there because having international athletes is very important to help build up Plushy's academy so more parents will send their kids there. I think that Sima had her tuition completely paid which is why Plushy was really annoyed when she left so it could be a similar situation but not sure. Just a question cause I can't remember but it Plushenko's academy in Moscow or St Petersburg

In Moscow. He lives there for years. He sold all properties in Peter.

Plushy was annoyed because Sima didn't pay her tuition she received many grants....Her parents aren't rich and the academy is really expensive. My last information there are cca 60-70 studenst at the Academy now.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Not a fan of the news. Eteri literally brought her from an unknown skater to someone with great consistency and unique style. I love both of her programs last season, which were obviously tailored for her, and they worked. I have also developed an impression that Plushy's school is a shelter for skaters with some serious injuries. So I feel chances are that one of the reasons she left Eteri is because her health issue (whatever it is) does not allow her to train in Eteri way, and she wants to take a break with Plushy.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Like I said in the RusLadies thread - Good luck Nastya! Idk if I would have chosen Plushy because he isn't really accomplished as a coach atm, but she must have had her reasons to do so.

I hope she will be happy, healthy and successful :) :cheer:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
How many are leaving Tutberidze? :con3: Already three of her top students left her this off-season, while she only gained one... Anyway, of course I wish Nastya all the best, staying up with the top Juniors in Russia is an incredibly tough job!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
How many are leaving Tutberidze? :con3: Already three of her top students left her this off-season, while she only gained one... Anyway, of course I wish Nastya all the best, staying up with the top Juniors in Russia is an incredibly tough job!
For the ladies:

Out:
Medvedeva
Tsurskaya
Tarakanova
Khabibulina
Guseva

In:
Tursynbaeva
Valieva
Khromyh
Zhilina

Then there are some with an uncertain status like Yasmina Kadyrova, Daria Usacheva etc. that could be attempting to join her.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Wow, that's some news. Honestly Nastya is my favorite of all Tutberidze juniors, she has incredible energy and I hope it will work out with Plushy!

Kittosuni

Medalist
lets be honest pretty much all the other groups are stacked now.

So I guess She and Samoylov age going to be the face of Plushy team this season(aside from Plushy's son)

Good decision for Tarakanova because she needs the backing and influence of Plushy.