Ice Dreams show in Westchester 7.13.18 | Golden Skate

Ice Dreams show in Westchester 7.13.18

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did not see a thread for this, so I'm writing a brief review of the Ice Dreams Show that was held at the Westchester Skating Academy last evening in Elmsford, NY.

The show was organized by Tara Modlin, a well known sports manager, who has worked with Johnny Weir, among others. She put together a great lineup of Jeremy Abbott, Alysa Liu, Mirai Nagasu, Karen Chen, Starr Andrews and Rohene Ward. They also held a summer camp this past week with lots of young skaters who also performed in the show. It must have been a thrill for the young girls (I did not see any boys, sadly) to work with Olympians and National Champs.

I've posted a few videos of Rohene, Mirai and Karen. Mirai and Karen performed the same numbers they did at SOI (No Good Deed & Never Enough, respectively).

Starr and Alysa performed their new short programs, which I did not get on video unfortunately. They landed all of their jumps, and I think Alysa landed a 3A but it looks a bit underrotated and two footed. Both of them look great in the pre-season. Starr is skating to "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess, and Alysa is skating to "Lo Siento/Spanish Flame."

Jeremy did a fun disco number, complete with backflips and landed clean triples, so he looks in good shape for the JO. Rohene did his Prince medley, no jumps but lots of hydroblading and posing!

They also did a few group numbers which were fun. I'm glad I was able to get up to Westchester to see this fun show. I had seen everyone in the cast live before except Rohene, so I'm glad I got to see him as well. He seemed to be having a great time.

Also, Jordan Cowan, aka OnIcePerspectives is going to be posting video from the show. If you don't follow him, I recommend that you do! He was also nice enough to reply to my comment on IG.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awesome report :thank:

I’m looking forward to checking the links out later when I get some free time. Thanks again...sounds like a good show to attend.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I did not see a thread for this, so I'm writing a brief review of the Ice Dreams Show that was held at the Westchester Skating Academy last evening in Elmsford, NY.

The show was organized by Tara Modlin, a well known sports manager, who has worked with Johnny Weir, among others. She put together a great lineup of Jeremy Abbott, Alysa Liu, Mirai Nagasu, Karen Chen, Starr Andrews and Rohene Ward. They also held a summer camp this past week with lots of young skaters who also performed in the show. It must have been a thrill for the young girls (I did not see any boys, sadly) to work with Olympians and National Champs.

I've posted a few videos of Rohene, Mirai and Karen. Mirai and Karen performed the same numbers they did at SOI (No Good Deed & Never Enough, respectively).

Starr and Alysa performed their new short programs, which I did not get on video unfortunately. They landed all of their jumps, and I think Alysa landed a 3A but it looks a bit underrotated and two footed. Both of them look great in the pre-season. Starr is skating to "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess, and Alysa is skating to "Lo Siento/Spanish Flame."

Jeremy did a fun disco number, complete with backflips and landed clean triples, so he looks in good shape for the JO. Rohene did his Prince medley, no jumps but lots of hydroblading and posing!

They also did a few group numbers which were fun. I'm glad I was able to get up to Westchester to see this fun show. I had seen everyone in the cast live before except Rohene, so I'm glad I got to see him as well. He seemed to be having a great time.

Also, Jordan Cowan, aka OnIcePerspectives is going to be posting video from the show. If you don't follow him, I recommend that you do! He was also nice enough to reply to my comment on IG.

Jeremy's program was Peanut Butter Jelly by Galantis, he's had that program since the 2015-16 season as an exhibition. ;)