Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group? | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova left Eteri’s group?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like many feel no one can compete with quad princess Trusova for top dog honors in Eteri's group.

Tally

Rinkside
At this point, nothing can surprise me! Crazy summer... I don't doubt it. I feel like Zhenya opened the floodgates - when you have that many young skaters competing in the same divisions for the same country, discontent is certain to breed.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
At this point, nothing can surprise me! Crazy summer... I don't doubt it. I feel like Zhenya opened the floodgates - when you have that many young skaters competing in the same divisions for the same country, discontent is certain to breed.
So many of those girls looked up to Zhenya, her leaving probably had a big impact on them. Nobody expected her to be the one to go. She definitely opened the floodgates.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
http://fs-gossips.com/is-daria-panenkova-gonna-be-another-skater-who-left-tutberidzes-group/
FS Gossips:
« There are some rumours that maybe Daria Panenkova also left Eteri Tutberidze’s group. »

What do you think? Why so many skaters are leaving Eteri??
Did Zhenya open a door for those who were scared to quit?

Is there really that many, sure after every Olympic cycle we have a shake down in partners and coaches... so I wouldn´t think anything worst from this news.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Skaters were leaving Eteri long before Zhenya. When you have a huge team, it is inevitable that skaters will come and go. She lost several of her top skaters a couple seasons ago, but I think in the Olympic season, skaters are less willing to take the risk of moving, so it was a little more stable for awhile.

Maybe they get tired of competing for attention, maybe her training methods are not conducive to a long sports career or their general well-being. Every athlete has the right to find a coaching situation that suits their needs at that particular moment and she is never going to be the long-term answer for everyone. I think the only really notable thing here is the manner in which most of them tend to leave...not on good terms.

skatingfan200

Medalist
After what i read on the russian forum, i´am sure she will leave. Zhenya played a role by Polina but i´am not sure by Panekova.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
All the others I could rationalize pretty easily but I don't understand Panenkova leaving. She'll be in worse standing within her new club than within her old one.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think many of those skaters think new rules wont be in favour of some Eteri's methods of training anymore - such as fast rotatitons and busy programmes and they think Buyanovas approach suits changed rules much better... Im not that sure changed GOE system will start to downscore Eteris senior skaters that much and i think judges are not looking at different approaches in technique/style of skating as something crucial, but at the current form of particular skater tho.. Obviously, there is some people who share that opinion how new GOE system is (made to be applied) against Eteris ways of winning and skaters may think the same..

Amei

Record Breaker
I wonder if someone has a breakdown of coaches 'losing' skaters by years somewhere to see if there really is a big difference. I think Eteri gets more attention because her skaters have all been steadily competing/winning the big championships since 2013 on both senior and junior ranks that when skaters leave her its a little bit shocking because she's got a proven track record of helping with skaters become champions.

Of course it's also more talked about because Russian Jr ladies are extremely talented, so they are watched/followed more than others.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Isn’t it a bit late in the off season for her to leave

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I wonder if someone has a breakdown of coaches 'losing' skaters by years somewhere to see if there really is a big difference. I think Eteri gets more attention because her skaters have all been steadily competing/winning the big championships since 2013 on both senior and junior ranks that when skaters leave her its a little bit shocking because she's got a proven track record of helping with skaters become champions.

Of course it's also more talked about because Russian Jr ladies are extremely talented, so they are watched/followed more than others.
Losing skaters during the transfer window, sure, but what is going on with Nastya T. and now Dasha is just plain odd. People don't suddenly leave this late in the off-season under normal circumstances, they are deliberately creating all sorts of problems for themselves.

And I can't imaging Eteri simply deciding she has no need for Dasha either. Nastya was a Junior, Eteri has more and better of those, but she needs another skater in Seniors for the coming season. Dasha was always a bit of an ugly duckling of that group, but right now she was in a good position.

charlotte14

Medalist
All the others I could rationalize pretty easily but I don't understand Panenkova leaving. She'll be in worse standing within her new club than within her old one.
Which is why you know nothing. I left a famous company which thousands of people want to join. 5 years later I still have no regret.

Caustica

Final Flight
Maybe clues are in the live video she did on Instagram yesterday, however i don't understand Russian so I'm unable to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4F5y2CP2sM&t

The live comments were flooding with questions about whether she's still with Eteri, why she left Eteri, whether she's going to Buyanova... As expected, she did not address any of them. There was one question, though, about who her favourite young skaters, and she said "our Sonya Akatieva", which someone picked up in the live comments and said "OUR? Does that mean you're still with Eteri?", but she didn't answer that. Anyway my Russian is not that good so I didn't understand absolutely everything she said so there may have been other clues.

Tyranid

Final Flight
http://fs-gossips.com/is-daria-panenkova-gonna-be-another-skater-who-left-tutberidzes-group/
FS Gossips:
« There are some rumours that maybe Daria Panenkova also left Eteri Tutberidze’s group. »

What do you think? Why so many skaters are leaving Eteri??
Did Zhenya open a door for those who were scared to quit?
I think that we should wait for official information before spreading rumors.

Why are we making separate threads for this? This isn't news. This isn't fuel for discussion, only speculation.

skatenewbie

Medalist
I think that we should wait for official information before spreading rumors.

Why are we making separate threads for this? This isn't news. This isn't fuel for discussion, only speculation.
thus is pretty much confirmed with latest Daniil Instagram post. He post all beginning pose + music from Team Eteri skaters and it didnt include Daria and he didnt tag her in caption like he did to other skaters, it includes the boy skaters that train with Eteri and Tursynbaeva too

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well she went to practice today and posted this picture
http://uploads.ru/lxU9k.jpg
FSO says this is not Sambo 70 :think:

Well I guess we will know soon enough if she has left. It's a bit late in the off season to be switching coaches :scratch2:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
The live comments were flooding with questions about whether she's still with Eteri, why she left Eteri, whether she's going to Buyanova... As expected, she did not address any of them. There was one question, though, about who her favourite young skaters, and she said "our Sonya Akatieva", which someone picked up in the live comments and said "OUR? Does that mean you're still with Eteri?", but she didn't answer that. Anyway my Russian is not that good so I didn't understand absolutely everything she said so there may have been other clues.

Thank you so much for this information! Here is an additional video she did today:

https://youtu.be/gc-ENCRnBo8