Sizing | Golden Skate

Sizing

bohdanpurtell

Spectator
I have looked all over for a converter and tried to do it myself but I can’t seem to get it right. I am 7.5y boys sizes and need to go into men’s sizes. Is this just men’s 8?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have looked all over for a converter and tried to do it myself but I can’t seem to get it right. I am 7.5y boys sizes and need to go into men’s sizes. Is this just men’s 8?

What you need is to find a good professional figure skate fitter (not just a pro shop) and get your foot professionally measured and so on. Then you can get suggestions from the fitter on what would brand and size fit your particular foot, skates aren't one size or style fits all.

Good luck!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Also, further to what Ic3Rabbit said, sizing in different brands is different. So based on your measurements, a size may be correct for you in one brand, but may be wrong for you in another.

SmallAminal

On the Ice
To make things even more complicated, some brands (like Edea) use sizing like "125" (corresponding to mm) rather than traditional shoe sizing.

Also, shoe sizing has almost nothing to do with skate sizing. The way your skates should fit also have nothing to do with how your street shoes fit - it will be a much snugger fit.

As Ic3Rabbit and Tavi point out - you should be seeing a professional fitter in person (one who deals in figure skates and has a wide variety of brands and models to choose from). Every brand has a unique fit and some brands just won't work with your feet. A lot of it has to do with your toes, overall shape of your foot, arch, etc.

Keep an open mind and rely on the fitter to tell you what you need and in what size. Some fitters only have maybe one or two brands - you will want to avoid these if you can because not everyone will be able to wear those brands.