Figure Skater MBTI Type | Golden Skate

Figure Skater MBTI Type

yuzuna

Spectator
Hello guys! I'm an MBTI personality type enthusiast, so naturally i would be curious about everyone MBTI, including figure skaters! Any of you familiar with MBTI? Please share your opinion on MBTI type of any figure skater you know!

My opinion will be:

Yuzuru Hanyu: ENFP/ENFJ (reason of my confusion is he's a long term planner, thus he has an Introvert Intuiting (Ni) as his cognitive function, but his inner childlike reminds me alot of ENFP, i could be wrong tho. And his melancholic aura reminds me of Introverted Feeler (Fi), and ENFP uses this function).

Yuna Kim: INFP/ISFJ (reason for my confusion is while no doubt Yuna is an introvert, i can't decide whether she's a sensor or intuitive person. She seems like using her abstract believe and seems like an idealist (Ne auxiliary function), but she seems more down to earth and practical in her approach, so can be typed as an ISFJ too, and ISFJ also uses Ne)

Nathan Chen: THIS ONE IS VERY HARD! Maybe because i just dig into him recently. No doubt he's an introvert. But i still cant decide whether he's an S/N, F/T, P/J like i have no idea at all. LOL. I'm lean towards: INFJ/INTJ/ISFP (this is the least certain)

Evgenia Medvedeva: No doubt an ENFP lol, just look at her Instagram, she screams ENFP to me, esp enneagram 7w6 (any of you familiar with enneagram? :D).

Alina Zagitova: I think she's an ISFJ :D

Alex Kambam: just found him today, so i'm taking a very wild guess, he might be an ESTP/ENTP

Amber Glenn (*cough*): INFJ it seems or ENFJ, lean more to INFJ, but can also very possible being an INFP

Shoma Uno: ISTP (not so sure but very likely an introvert and sensor)

Javier Fernandez: ISFJ/ESFJ

That's all for now folks :laugh:

Instead of opining on their personalities, what is your opinion about this personality test? Accurate? Flawed? Just fun?

yuzuna

Spectator
it's a pseudo-science many says lol, i dunno i believe that people operate differently. And this theory based on taking sample i believe. Basically a fun thing for me hahaha. I can't explain further since i'm not really fluent in English sorry :drama:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Hanyu seems way more I than N to me. He doesn't have problem interacting with people, but almost all his interaction is enforced by his job; from what I learned, he has basically no friends, almost doesn't leave the house for purpose other than training, seems to hold people at a distance, thinks and analyses himself a lot, and when he skates engaging the audience often seems like a byproduct of him getting involved in his own little world (that depends on the program though, he's good at projecting what the program calls for).

yuzuna

Spectator
hmmm possible that he's an Introvert... I dunno i also analyse the way he react, it almost impulsive like an Extrovert. you might consider him an ENFP? ENFP known as introverted extrovert tho. And doesn't he also force to be alone because he needs to, since he's the type that can be easily affected by what others say? And being alone seems made him a little melancholic unlike real introvert who would be recharged. But i dunno, he could possibly be Introvert :D

QuadThrow

Medalist
Noone knows this test in Europe and it is not very academically proved.

I believe ENFJs and ESFPs are made for Figure skating

I think Aljona Savchenko is a totally clear ENTJ.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
For the uninitiated, what type of personality is ENFJ/ESFP/MBTI/INFJ/ISFP? what do these initials represent?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the uninitiated, what type of personality is ENFJ/ESFP/MBTI/INFJ/ISFP? what do these initials represent?

This is the site for the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (the testing is based on the work of Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung)

https://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/home.htm?bhcp=1

If you go down, you will see a chart with the different initials. I love these kinds of "What are you" tests because it deals with my favorite subject, me:biggrin:) MBTI is just one more, although it can be used seriously in certain situations. Google "free MBTI" and you can take your own.;)

I don't know about anyone else, but Jason Brown's photo should be *plastered* next to the "E" (Extraversion) and "F" (Feeling, or whether you take people's feelings into account when making decisions) for skating MBTI.:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think it's impossible to administer a Myers-Briggs to someone else. You don't know these people. You have no idea what answers they would give to certain questions. Those answers are personal, and you just don't know the skaters on that level.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think a lot of figure skaters would be more likely to be of the SP (Artisan) type, based on the reading I've done on the subject. I'm a big fan of David Keirsey's book, which groups the MBTI types into four subtypes - SP (Artisan), SJ (Guardian), NT (Rational), NF (Idealist). I would say SPs are more likely to enter athletics and keep going with sports in general.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I can vouch for that. When I went into this thread, everything I was reading was just gobbledygook.

I just took the test and got ENFP. https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

So plaster my photo next to Zhenya and Jason, I guess. :biggrin:

Thank you for the link, Mrs. P. I just did the test, and got INFJ-T (Advocate).

Had to laugh at my score for Mind being 97% Introverted. I knew I was bad, but I didn't realise I was quite that bad!

Haven't read it all yet, but what I have read sounds about right.

Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Mother Theresa. Boys, but those are big names to be lumped in with! :drama:

As for the fictional characters I recognised, I got Aragorn, Galadriel (both from Lord Of The Rings) and Rose Bukater (from Titanic). Yep, I can live with that :biggrin: (although, I don't exactly look like Viggo Mortensen, Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet! :laugh: ). It's been so long since I watched Dogtanian that I can't remember what Aramis was like, though...

So, according to yuzuna, I'm stuck in the middle with Nathan Chen and Amber Glenn. Interesting...

(Haven't seen Amber much, so can't remember what she is like. But, I wish I was able to do a fraction of what Nathan can!)

CaroLiza_fan

Fluture

Record Breaker

Well, I‘m from Europe and I definitely knew this test before opening this thread, so, nope “no one“ isn‘t quite right. ;) Agree on the second part, though. I guess this thread is mainly for fun because in no way can we judge people‘s characters we haven‘t even met in such detail. Especially not when the test itself is already not really proven. I don‘t remember which exact type I got when I took the test, just know that it was definitely introvert. :biggrin:

Sam L

Medalist
I don't think we know these people well enough to be speculating about this. I thought this was more an on-ice personality test:

Introvert or Extrovert on ice - is the skater warm towards the audience, play with the audience or just doing their program inwardly.
Sensor or Intuitive on ice - is the skater a hard worker or a natural talent
Thinker or Feeler on ice - is the skater a technician (jumps skater) or an artistry strength skater
Judgers or Perceivers on ice - is the skater relaxed and spontaneous performer or one who is quite structured in their program.

Based on the above, I would put someone like Satoko Miyahara at ISFJ. The 'Defender' on ice.

lyndichee

Medalist
This thread and most MBTI enthusiasts actually make me really uncomfortable. I don't mean this to sound malicious but I think that you should spread out your interests more. MBTI has already been proven several times it is not that accurate and I think from people's individual's experience, people's personality are not always that consistent or predictable.

This makes me incredibly uncomfortable because at the end of the day, these skaters are public figures that we only know highlights about. To try and apply an inaccurate personality test towards these small snippets of their lives almost seems like people are trying to grasps some sort of academic context to prove what they think is true about a person. People already speculate and make up things about skaters all the time and argue that they know better than the next fan. I really don't want something like this to fool people into thinking they have some sort of academic backing to their speculation. Be careful.