Jump combos and sequences | Golden Skate

Jump combos and sequences

Arwen17

Final Flight
Possible combos:
Loop and toe loop can be attached at the end any number of times in a combo.
Flip and salchow can be attached if a half-loop is put in beforehand.
Can lutz be attached as a 2nd jump in a combo in any way? or is it always the first jump in a combo?
I think axel as the secondary jump is always going to be a sequence, never a combo, since you have to step around onto a forward edge to take off.

Any sequences that are impossible to do because of the nature of the takeoff edge?

You can also list combos or sequences that are impossible to do because of the number of rotations, but mark those as such so I don't get confused.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don’t think a lutz can be the second jump in a combo unless you do it counterrotated to the first jump (example - a CCW rotator lands the first jump on their right outside edge, then goes right into a CW lutz off the right outside edge). A half loop puts you on an inside edge and then you’d have to change to an outside edge for the lutz, which would make it a sequence, not a combo.

charlotte14

Medalist
Possible combos:
Loop and toe loop can be attached at the end any number of times in a combo.
Flip and salchow can be attached if a half-loop is put in beforehand.
Can lutz be attached as a 2nd jump in a combo in any way? or is it always the first jump in a combo?
I think axel as the secondary jump is always going to be a sequence, never a combo, since you have to step around onto a forward edge to take off.

Any sequences that are impossible to do because of the nature of the takeoff edge?

You can also list combos or sequences that are impossible to do because of the number of rotations, but mark those as such so I don't get confused.

Yes it is possible if you land on the inside edge of the opposite lege https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1011166753710399488

vlaurend

Final Flight
Starting with the 2018-19 season, the ISU has completely changed the definition of "jump sequence." Now the only thing that counts as a jump sequence is one listed jump immediately followed by an axel type jump, with nothing in-between (not even a mazurka or side toe tap).