Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Most Anticipated 18-19 Program (Choose ONE)

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    "Wicked Game" - FS from Alexa Knierim and Chris Knierim

It's surprising that they picked another romantic piece. (Who picked it? It sounds a little like A & C put themselves entirely in Aljona's hands.) It'll be really interesting to see Aljona's vision for them. I enjoyed her choreo for the other German pair last year. And Aljona said she wanted to work with Benoit Richaud.
    I dont think of Wicked Game as "romantic" ...I always thought of it as raw, sexy and soulful - the complete opposite of thier Ghost program

I wish you well in heaven my little angel Alchamei's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Huh? What happened? Why half of the posts in this thread disappeared?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu's programs, and I don't mind if they are warhorses
    what is a "warhorse"? you guys are schooling me and i thank you =)

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSoteroLoco View Post
    what is a "warhorse"? you guys are schooling me and i thank you =)
    In general....an overused “go to” piece of music. Carmen, Romeo and Juliet, Swan Lake etc...

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I this post to get a second choice

I’m curious to see what Vincent Zhou will come up with in his second senior season. Lots of experience last season with ups and downs. Challenging to start a senior season in an olympic year and amazing to end up in sixth place there. His free skate at worlds was a disaster, so done with that experience.

Most looking forward to his free program. Which I know nothing abut, music or choreographer. He’s changed training location to Colorado, which is a good place to work on stamina. Hopefully that and Christy Krall will help him get his jumps fully rotated. I think he has kind of a cool on ice personality that he can develop. He showed it in Stars on Ice where his performances were appriciated.

Finally his own words:“I think Tammy’s move to the Springs will balance my training and increase the amount of time I’m able to spend on my choreography and spins for a more complete program”.
    This could be a breakthrough year for Vincent....as last year should have really just been seen as experience for him. He may be ready to compete for medal contention! Wishing him the best!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriba627 View Post
    Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorite pieces of classical music.....im sure Shoma will create a masterpiece!

1 Not allowed!
    I've already seen Nathan's and Satoko's so I can eliminate them. Of the ones I have not seen yet: Daisuke's easily

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    In general....an overused “go to” piece of music. Carmen, Romeo and Juliet, Swan Lake etc...
    Ohhhhh i understand now. thank you

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Loena Hendrickx fs. See how she builds from last year. Do we even know what she’s skating to?

1 Not allowed!
    I have a lot of programs I'm excited for this year, but Virginia Elisa Bustos' Seven Nation Army+Mambo combo takes the cake

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    how dwilson choreo works for zhenya and jason

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I'd love to be able to anticipate Laurine's programs, but at the moment I'm just hoping it won't be too long before I find out where I can anticipate first seeing them...French Masters is too long to wait!

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    I love a comeback! so looking forward to Dai's programs, looking forward for Caro's free program I am hoping Lori will give her something classically lyrical again it just suits her!!

Kaetlyn too if she comes back at Nationals!!

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLayback View Post
    I dont think of Wicked Game as "romantic" ...I always thought of it as raw, sexy and soulful - the complete opposite of thier Ghost program
    Being one of the few people in the universe who hasn't seen Game of Thrones, I'd never heard this song till a few days ago when I looked it up so I could respond in this thread. So I don't connect it with anything, and it was just a first impression that the song could be seen as romantic, but mine was definitely not a negative remark. If it IS romantic, I was mainly thinking that it would look very different from "Ghost" or "Your Song," which I enjoyed from them, but it did get stretched out too long, for my taste.

Aljona has said she wants to help Alexa and Chris portray their connection in a stronger way, and make it more visible and enjoyable to the audience. I think her experience and vision will make this program very very interesting, and I'm excited to see it for all those reasons. However, I really like your take on it as raw, sexy and soulful. that will make it all the more effective, I think.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8