Apollinariia Panfilova & Dmitry Rylov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Apollinariia Panfilova & Dmitry Rylov

Lana05

Final Flight
I mostly agree with things above, but why are so sure that P/S won't medal and be 5th? They could be higher.
I am a bit disappointed that only one pair is participating in Bratislava this week and only 4 overall. I would like to see them.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I mostly agree with things above, but why are so sure that P/S won't medal and be 5th? They could be higher.

I can't see P/S beating any of the other Russian teams if all the teams would skate somewhat clean. P/S can score 172-175 range when they are really clean but I don't think they can score around or above 180 points which is something that all the other teams can do. But everything is possible and mistakes happens, even several mistakes, so, a score little above 170 points could be enough for a medal if other teams fail to deliver.

I am a bit disappointed that only one pair is participating in Bratislava this week and only 4 overall. I would like to see them.

At least Lina & Ilia will be there. But yeah, I was also hoping there would have been at least one more pair because now pairs' event will not count as a Challenger event.

hanca

Record Breaker

P/S? If you are talking about Poluyanova/Sopot, I can’t see them beating Mishina/Galliamov, Panfilova/Rylov, Kostiukovich/Ialin and Akhanteva/Kolesov, as long as any of those pairs don’t make too many mistakes. The reason is because P/S are struggling with their levels on many of their elements. To be fair to them, it is not easy when Poluyanova is so tall. There is only so much Sopot can do. It is not impossible, for example Savchenko/Szolkowy and Sui/Han don’t have too huge size difference either, but Sopot is not Szolkowy or Han.

Artemisa

Final Flight
With 2 clean programs ... they with have a strong shot to the podium ... I just love their FS ... The dress in SP needs to go ...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apollinariia is such a beautiful name :luv17:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've updated their OP. I hope you'll enjoy finding all their programs info, videos, results and other stuff in one place.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They were superb! They did everything they could but you just can't beat pairs who can jump fully rotated 3S+1Eu+3S combos, like M/G and K/I can, if you don't have any triples.

I really wish she could have triples in the future because in all other aspects of pair skating she is simply truly amazing.

Here are some of their element scores from the JGP Final.

3Tw4: 8.57 points. Highest among juniors and only Tarasova/Morozov have receiced a better score among seniors.
5RLi4: 9.90 points. Highest among juniors and seniors.
3FTh: 7.12 points. Highest among juniors. Only 4 seniors teams have receiced a better score on throw jumps.

More about highest element scores can be found here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_scores_in_figure_skating#Pairs_9

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
I love this pair and really hope Polina can get her triples soon so they have a chance at gold. I just watched the press conference and notice that P/R don’t have the off ice relationship like M/G and K/I, https://youtu.be/NuvEdVzZGkE
Watch the last few minutes of the video and you will know what I mean. Am I imagining things or... Dima seems really quiet as well and I think he was the only to not post anything on his Instagram on their victory. I hope these two can have a better relationship than they already do and improve their on ice chemistry even more.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I love this pair and really hope Polina can get her triples soon so they have a chance at gold. I just watched the press conference and notice that P/R don’t have the off ice relationship like M/G and K/I, https://youtu.be/NuvEdVzZGkE
Watch the last few minutes of the video and you will know what I mean. Am I imagining things or... Dima seems really quiet as well and I think he was the only to not post anything on his Instagram on their victory. I hope these two can have a better relationship than they already do and improve their on ice chemistry even more.

Isn’t dmitri the one who doesn’t have tripes?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I just watched the press conference and notice that P/R don’t have the off ice relationship like M/G and K/I, https://youtu.be/NuvEdVzZGkE
Well... pairs are pairs. Sometimes they are also couples in life and their pair vanish as they broke, while some other times they are just athletes that tag along on this hobby and job, working good together, more or less friendly.

Panfilova/Rylov are so beautiful on ice, and with great elements, that i don't think it may be a problem if they aren't a couple, or best friends, as long they continue to believe on a long term project as a skating pair.

hanca

Record Breaker

To me Dima seems quite immature. I have noticed it in the past on various occasion, for example, while other pair males are helping their partners to climb on the podium, he was more concentrating to get up himself. (That was last season and while I understand that it was his first international season, there were other times where he concentrated more on himself than his partner.) This press conference he would not say a word into microphone, even though there was interpreter and he had the option to talk in Russian. He doesn’t seem able to handle the public appearances that well. Saying that, I am not sure if it is fair to compare him with Galliamov and Yalin because Rylov is younger than them, so naturally they would appear to be more mature than him. Yalin is three years older and Galliamov two years older than Rylov. That’s quite significant age difference when you expect teenage bloke to act mature.