Apollinariia Panfilova & Dmitry Rylov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Apollinariia Panfilova & Dmitry Rylov

starla16

Medalist
any news about them ? why they havent competed in any russian up stages ?
even Kostiukovich / Ialin have competed despite their rumored break up which didn't happen anyways

did she outgrew him ?

hanca

Record Breaker
The Russian cups are for qualifying for the nationals. Panfilova/Rylov don’t need to compete there because they have qualified for junior nationals by competing at JGP and to seniors nationals by getting to JGPF. Unlike them, Kostiukovich/Ialin didn’t compete at the JGP, so if they want to compete at the nationals, they need to qualify through Russian cups.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Panfilova/Rylov were working hard on her triples and therefore chose not to do competitions that they don’t have to do. Nationals are important for them, but Russian cups are not, so why not to use the time working on the triples. There was a link about a month ago when she landed 3S-eu-2S. It is possible that it may be ready for the junior nationals.

s_parks

Record Breaker
any news about them ? why they havent competed in any russian up stages ?
even Kostiukovich / Ialin have competed despite their rumored break up which didn't happen anyways

did she outgrew him ?

Sorry, but where do you even get the notion she's in danger of outgrowing him?? Do you even bother to actually watch their skating/elements?

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Apollinariia and Dmitry competed at the Volvo Open Cup in Riga today. They're first right now after the short program, but not by much as they received two deductions.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Relations in a pair, jumping and looking up to Nathan Chen for motivation. Big interview with Apollinaria Panfilova and Dmitriy Rylov

They collected all the medals of the Grand Prix finals, and in two days they will perform at the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk.

“We wouldn't like to be called 'one day wonders' ”

- This is your third finale. Already there was Silver, Bronze and now here is Gold. Does it feel like they completed something important in Turin by collecting a complete collection of medals?

Dmitriy Rylov: First of all, there is a feeling that we didn't do everything that was planned. In the short, we did not succeed in the Todes, the spin was not set according to the level. And something happened at random to Apollinaria, as she fell from the throw, which for us usually succeeds one hundred out of a hundred attempts.

Apollinaria Panfilova: I am dissatisfied with our skating runs, especially the free, but in the short I wanted to show results, at least at the Grand Prix in Poland. But in general, of course, we are pleased. If we became two-time Silver medalists, it would be a little wrong.

- There was some misunderstanding over the fact that many expected a triple jump from you here. As far as I know, you did not plan to do it due to certain health problems here and now?

AP: We've trained it, posted videos on social networks - everything is clear there. But right now, old injuries are making themselves felt, so we didn't add a new element. None of us want us to just fly out. And we’ll better skate now on stability rather than risk other important competitions of the season.

And that video was not uploaded out of desire to prove something to someone. It’s just that I personally wouldn’t want us to be called fly-by-night. Many athletes are called that way, even girls who go from juniors to seniors for the first season. Everyone says - oh, it’s for one day ... And then they win three seasons.

- Are you going to go senior next season?

AP: No, we still remain in juniors. But let's start working towards senior series B Challengers.

- Accordingly, do you prioritize the Olympic cycle after Beijing?

AP: We don’t even look so far ahead, to be honest. It is not known what will happen tomorrow. Injury, something else. You can have a bad fall and they will tell you - you're done, leave. We don't yet have a direct Olympic goal yet - sooner or later.

DR: According to our personal experience, when we begin to make up our minds and look into the far future, it doesn't end with anything good. Therefore, we do not live for this one day, but we do not force it.

- Soon you are going to the senior championship of Russia. What are your main tasks for this start?

AP: We’re going to the Russian championship because we will have a long break before the Youth Olympic Games (they will be held from January 9 to January 22 in Lausanne. “Match TV”). Pavel Sergeyevich (Slyusarenko, coach of the couple. - “Match TV”) wants us to maintain competitive shape, so that we would not have to regain it later.

- You have two diverse programs this season that are successful. What do you think, how important is it now to try to assemble these performances?

DR: Very important. It is also important who the choreographer is, it is important to feel each other.

AP: I think that every athlete should find their own choreographer. This is how we get a cool program. For all seasons, except the very first, everything was staged by Nikolay Morozov. He is such an incredible workaholic. We were recently in Novogorsk before the final: the man is on ice from morning till late evening. And he will never say he is tired. He stages programs for someone, works with someone else on elements. Great person.

“After training, when I go out for a bite of food, suddenly something pops up into my head, and not eating, I write music”.

- You remember the first impression of each other when you were paired up?

DR: I came to Perm at the age of 14, was paired up with another girl at first. We tried, went to training camp a couple of times - then the girl decided that she didn’t like something, or was just scared. Without explanation, she left.

And so I come to the hall. Our trainer looks at me, then at Apollinaria, who then came for the first time, and says - you two try for a while. We tried for two weeks, he said - let's go for a year. And so it all happened ... A little more than a year. (Smiles.)

AP: Yes, I just returned after an injury. I didn’t skate for eight months, and my former partner was paired up with another girl. I couldn't even stand straight on the ice that first time.

If we talk about first impressions, since I've already had partners, I was able to do all the paired elements. And I thought - well, wow. Start all over again.

DR: To be honest, at first we did not bear each other at all.

AP: The first season ...

DR: Yes, the first year, we quarrelled very often, we proved something to each other. Polina has such a character, she's used to command.

AP: In the pairs I've always been the main.

DR: And I'm not used to the girl acting like that. Well, it started.

- At what point did you realise you stopped fighting each other and became a real couple?

DR: Awareness came to us that year after two stages of the Grand Prix. Personally, it was then that I felt that we had become a couple.

AP: And I felt it after our first Grand Prix finals. Then it became really interesting to me, I realised that something could work out for us. Interest grew, increased, and then we had a sharp jump from that season to the next. We have grown a lot in skating. Then it was clear to everyone that we would continue.

- You have excellent quality paired elements. How much time do you spend working out?

DR: Perm couples (Apollinaria and Dmitry live and train in Perm. - “Match TV”) have always been distinguished by their high level of paired elements. Therefore, in the first place, the basic technique affects quality.

AP: For the three years that we skated in the Grand Prix, we work on the strength part of paired elements for 50 minutes each training. We usually train a twist lift, two throws, a jump and move on to jumps.

DR: Now we go out and do them once or twice on ice, well, and in the hall everything a couple of times, except throws.

- And how many hours a day do you train in general?

AP: We have two workouts for 6 hours a day in total. With a break, it turns out that we finish late in the evening.

“What else is time for?” Dmitriy, I know, is fond of music, and Polina is a make-up artist?

AP: I liked it before, but now I don’t really want to, I’m somehow more in sports. On weekends, I don’t even want to go anywhere again. I can do my homework, take a walk, but I don’t have a specific hobby.

DR: In music, I find myself. After training, I can go to Pyaterochka for some chops, something will pop up in my head, and I turn into some kind of typing machine - for half an hour, without stopping, I write music. So far I’m just not devoting much time to it because I choose sports. If you try to cover everything seriously, you can not catch a single hare.

And isn't this strange - when I talk, I stutter. And when I make music - I don't. I don’t know how this happens.

- Polina, did you hear the music Dima writes? What do you think?

AP: When I heard it for the very, very first time ... (Pause.) I wanted to remain silent, to be honest. (Both laugh.)

DR: It was recorded on a dictaphone, so it was terrible.

AP: Now, if I didn’t know what Dima wrote, I would even listen.

“Apollinaria inspires me, I've never met such a girl before”

- If you could now go to a concert of any group, any artist, who would you choose?

Polina, half a second ahead of Dima:

AP: T-Fest!

DR: Damn, I wanted to say “one, two, three” - and say it together!

AP: I can’t go in any case. I had such an opportunity many times, but I did not act on it. Very disappointing.

DR: I would also like to go to the already late XXXTentacion.

AP: And I would have been to Eminem’s concert.

DR: Actually, I would like to give a concert myself. (Smiles.) But this requires an audience that I don’t have yet. It takes time to assemble it. While I'm in sports, I definitely won’t do it. Because if everything works out, how to combine? Today he performes on stage, and tomorrow he rushes to a competition? I know examples when the guys were very fond of something other than sports, but in the end they lost everything.

- Nathan Chen won the final, continues to study in university, he did his homework right here on the press platform. What do you think, how does he manage to combine everything?

DR: Incredible. As far as I know, he is also the best at his university. He comes to competition, writes some formulas here, and then he goes for a skate. I think we should all strive to become like that. Rather than arriving home after training, order McDonald’s, stuff yourself and look at the screen. Need to constantly evolve.

AP: Just a deep bow to him. Immense respect.

- Since we are talking about Chen and role models. What qualities do you think can help a skater achieve great success in sports?

AP: Hard work. Talent is not as important as work. Patience.

DR: Talent, hard work and trainers. Help from parents.

AP: Exactly. Parents.

- What role did your parents play in your sports career?

AP: My mother did a lot for this. She goes with me to all major competitions, she came here too. She does my hair for performances, helps with doctors if something hurts me, goes to school and collects assignments and tasks so that I can do something at least. In general, a monument needs to be erected to such parents so they don’t leave the child to their fate - like go do it yourself, if you want. However, they never forced me. It has always been that if you want - skate, do not want - let's study. Decide yourself.

DR: With the latter I was exactly the opposite. The fact is that when I was little, I was terribly lazy. I’m lazy now, but then it was ... very hard. My parents forced me directly. They said - you grow up, come to us and say thank you. And I thought I didn’t need any of this at all. And only now I understand how they were right.

They put such a big piece of their soul into me, it seems to me that I can’t give it to them for the rest of my life. When I was still skating in Kirov, my parents were looking for additional ice, we shared it with three others. They found an opportunity for my individual training, they drove me everywhere and supported me. If not for my parents, I probably would have left everything as a child.

- When you fight and quarrel, who is the first to put up?

AP: Dima.

DR: Polina is very proud. If I'm wrong, I can admit it. If I screwed up, I can apologize, not a problem at all.

AP: But I can also apologize if I messed up!

DR: Yeah, like this: "Uh, bugger ...." (Both laugh.)

- For what qualities of character do you respect each other?

AP: We need to think ...

DR: Okay, let me be the first. I immediately think hard work. I only remember a couple of days over all these years when Polina could afford to be lazy. In general, she makes me do something very often.

There was a question at a press conference who inspired us in sports, so I would answer that before the age of 14 no one inspired me - I came to the rink just out of habit. And from the age of 14 Apollinaria already inspires me - I've never met such a girl before.

AP: I am now afraid to speak, because I cannot say anything better. In general, I somehow haven't thought about this before ... As a person I am attracted to Dima's kindness to relatives. He doesn’t treat strangers like that.

- Let's finish on a major, festive note. What do you think, what New Year's gift will please your partner the most?

DR: Card to a cosmetics store for several thousand.

AP: Yes, I really need it now. I don’t even know. I always need time to think about what to give. Let this remain a surprise for Dima.
-----
https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...ervju_Apollinarii_Panfilovoj__Dmitrija_Rylova

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I think think Apollinariia and Dmitry delivered one of the performances of the season for me in the Free at the YOG, scoring 127+. It was simply outstanding, the twist and throws and lifts were absolutely top drawer. Yes, they need to work on the solo jumps but I’m sure they are doing that. I’d love them for them to do a Senior B to see how they would score. The performance here would challenge a lot of the senior couples. Below is a link to their skate, Chris Howrath (commentator) and the audience were definitely impressed.

https://youtu.be/hjt09YjiHiU

I really enjoyed the interview above. They came across as two well grounded and respectful people. Hopefully they have a long and successful career.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I think think Apollinariia and Dmitry delivered one of the performances of the season for me in the Free at the YOG, scoring 127+. It was simply outstanding, the twist and throws and lifts were absolutely top drawer. Yes, they need to work on the solo jumps but I’m sure they are doing that. I’d love them for them to do a Senior B to see how they would score. The performance here would challenge a lot of the senior couples. Below is a link to their skate, Chris Howrath (commentator) and the audience were definitely impressed.

https://youtu.be/hjt09YjiHiU

I really enjoyed the interview above. They came across as two well grounded and respectful people. Hopefully they have a long and successful career.

And so Chris and the audience should be. The height of their triple twist as well as the height and distance of their throw jumps. Wow, just wow!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well I've actually seen clips of them practicing/landing(might be a bit UR?) 3s on ig, so the work is being put in. Hopefully they'll get a higher success rate on it so we see it in competition soon. Their pairs elements are of course stunning, but still, I can't get over the lifts. His control and skill is insane.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Sweet baby jesus, I need a looped video of that twist.

Zero setup time right into a fantastic split into a jaw dropping torpedo twist. Could easily be a quad twist with room to spare.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Apollinariia and Dmitry will compete this week at the stage 4 of the Russian cup. I hope that they have recovered enough, but Polina was posting photos in Perm up to this weekend, which is concerning that they may have had to withdraw last minute. She also looks to have grown taller. THey will compete against Boikova/Kozlovskii, Mishina/Galliamov, Tarasova/Morozov, Kadyrova/Balchenko, Vasilieva/Volodin, and at the next stage they will once again face B/K, M/G, T/M, as well as A/K and probably M/M.

It will not be easy, they have had some health issues in the off season. I am very conflicted as to whether or not they should attempt a triple. I'd say for the Russian cup, they may get away with 2A+2T+2T and 2S or 2Lz, and then 2A in the short. Honestly if she is landing it with any consistency, then I think they should go for it. It won't be too much of a problem qualifying to nationals, and RusFed is probably going to give Medvedeva, Samsonov, StepBuk, SinKat, and a few others a bye anyways. So might as well include P/R if necessary.

Senior pairs short program: 7:45pm - 9:30pm Kazan time, Tuesday, Nov 10th
Senior pairs free program: 2:30 - 4:30 pm Kazan time, Wednesday, Nov 11th