Anastasia Poluianova & Dmitry Sopot | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Poluianova & Dmitry Sopot

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
They are 1st after the SP at the Winter Universiade with 58.92 points. Good luck tomorrow. If they manage to win the gold, that for sure would be an excellent conclusion of the season for them (unless they plan to compete in other spring international or domestic events).

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8cFiQMa04

Tatjana

On the Ice
According to Tamara Moskvina, head coach of the Tamara Moskvina skating school where Anastasia and Dmitri trained, they have split up. He went on a cruise ship to skate in shows there. She apparently is not looking for a partner to continue her competitive career but plans to join the cruise ship once she is old enough (apparently you need to be 18).

hanca

Record Breaker
According to Tamara Moskvina, head coach of the Tamara Moskvina skating school where Anastasia and Dmitri trained, they have split up. He went on a cruise ship to skate in shows there. She apparently is not looking for a partner to continue her competitive career but plans to join the cruise ship once she is old enough (apparently you need to be 18).

She has been 18 a few days ago.
It’s a pity he didn’t continue with another partner. In my view, he had lots of potential, but Anastasia just grew too tall and that made everything so much harder for them. Are they still couple off ice?

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
There was an interview with Ekaterina Borisova lately, and she is also skating on cruise ships. I wonder how their relationship is now. I also find it a pity that he didn't find another partner, as there are far more girls in Russia than males, so even if he had aged out of juniors, his height and skill would have attracted many girls. Perhaps the shows paid more money, which is sad but understandable. I still like this team, and especially their throws

hanca

Record Breaker
There was an interview with Ekaterina Borisova lately, and she is also skating on cruise ships. I wonder how their relationship is now. I also find it a pity that he didn't find another partner, as there are far more girls in Russia than males, so even if he had aged out of juniors, his height and skill would have attracted many girls. Perhaps the shows paid more money, which is sad but understandable. I still like this team, and especially their throws
I think he wanted to do shows with Poluyanova. He wasn’t that strong jumper himself and senior pairs is now quite packed, so why not travel, enjoy seeing the world and still continue skating (in shows) if he sees that competitively they were not getting anywhere? Not everyone wants to be dependent on their parents until mid or late twenties, and they were not good enough to get on the team to get funding. Poluyanova grew up too tall and that was a huge disadvantage in competitive skating.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing this team (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)