Muramoto and Reed end partnership | Golden Skate

Muramoto and Reed end partnership

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Can this off-season be more upsetting?!?:(:(:(

Loved them together, but at least they both want to continue. I just knew that this silence from them was no good sign...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Aw...that’s too bad. They were less than a point from becoming I think the first Asian dance team to make Top 10. Enjoyed their FD last season and thought they had good chemistry.

lady_bee

Medalist
What! Noooooooooo:sad46:
They are scheduled to perform CaOI show in Oct.6 , and it was announced just last month.
I wonder what does "the difference between their directions" mean in Kana's comment?

blackey

On the Ice
It might be a good thing. But I just don't know if they can find anyone in Japan? Maybe Kana will have to find someone internationally.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
NO..... This is really sad. They had good on-ice chemistry and they had the BEST results of any Japanese Ice dance team ever. :(

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I'm really sorry to hear about this split. I thought that they were well-matched and had a lot of potential. I wonder who they will be able to find as new partners. There's not exactly a lot of depth in Japanese ice dance.

marthick

Rinkside
I was hoping that Asian Fed ice dance would be looking up this season, and then I see this sad news.... If I had to guess what the difference mentioned by Kana was, it's probably due to more long-term plan differences (e.g. whether to continue on to the next Olympics), since they both intend to continue at least short-term. But who knows. I'm just glad they still plan on continuing.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, I didn't see this happening. I mean they were on the verge of being a top ten team especially with several teams taking the GP season off. I really hope he doesn't switch countries. There have been a few Reeds or it feels like they have been around for a while and switching countries freely. None have had sucess like this it would appear.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I'm really sad about this. I think Kana has really good on ice presence. I really liked their SD, while the LP leaves something wanting. Chris is a lot older so maybe he's not looking to stick it out for 4 more years while Kana is looking toward the next Olympics. If so, it's better to find new partners now. It's just so late in the season though. There's really not much depth in the ID field in Japan. Without Pairs and ID being built up, Japan will never factor into the medals discussion at Olympics.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I'm really sorry to hear about this split. I thought that they were well-matched and had a lot of potential. I wonder who they will be able to find as new partners. There's not exactly a lot of depth in Japanese ice dance.

There were only 5 teams at Japanese Nationals last year.

#2 Komatsubara & Koleto are married and just did the Asian Open.

#3 Has anyone heard whether Fukase & Tateno are still together? They weren't assigned to NHK, which I thought they might be as they met the World minimum scores at the end of last season. And on the list I just checked, they didn't appear to be listed for any Challengers, which one would think would be much more likely. They did Lombardia last year. They also aren't listed for the upcoming Quebec dance event, which I think they competed at last year and/or the year before.

#4 Orihara & Mori have split. She is now skating with Lee Royer. So Mori may be looking for a partner.

I don't know anything about the fifth team.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
#3 Has anyone heard whether Fukase & Tateno are still together? They weren't assigned to NHK, which I thought they might be as they met the World minimum scores at the end of last season. And on the list I just checked, they didn't appear to be listed for any Challengers, which one would think would be much more likely. They did Lombardia last year. They also aren't listed for the upcoming Quebec dance event, which I think they competed at last year and/or the year before.

Fukase and Tateno train in Montreal (they're with Coach Haguenauer even before Komatsubara and Koleto moved there just this season). I think Tateno has just undergone some kind of surgery and was in rehab during the summer, and he just got back to Montreal for training. So they may have a delayed beginning with the season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Fukase and Tateno train in Montreal (they're with Coach Haguenauer even before Komatsubara and Koleto moved there just this season). I think Tateno has just undergone some kind of surgery and was in rehab during the summer, and he just got back to Montreal for training. So they may have a delayed beginning with the season.

Yes, I knew they were in Montreal. Thank you for the update.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Very sad to hear this. I feared an injury when I didn't see them assigned to Challengers, but I'd never expect this. Just when they were beginning to reap results for their hard work. :cry: I thought they were really well-matched, too. Wishing them good luck with their future partners! But it will be hard to find someone on their level. :[

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
This is NOT the kind of news I wanted to wake up to. 😭