Muramoto and Reed end partnership | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Muramoto and Reed end partnership

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
What is this tis thing? Why when a Japanese team is about to make a breakthrough or just made it, there is a split? First Takahashi/Tran in pairs and now Muramoto/Reed in dance.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
What is this tis thing? Why when a Japanese team is about to make a breakthrough or just made it, there is a split? First Takahashi/Tran in pairs and now Muramoto/Reed in dance.

I'll NEVER get over Narumi and Mervin getting that bronze in Nice and them POOOOF - splitting up. I just hope that Kana/Chris' split was on amicable terms and they will both find satisfaction in new partnerships, despite our wishes/sadness over them parting ways.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Nope. All this does is make it easier for a team like Hurtado & Khaliavin to grab the likely opening in the top ten.

And I really like them.

Sad about Muramoto and Reed split but honestly- I think Muramoto really needs to find a more energizing partner to raise the bar. Good luck to both ex partners anyways.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:sad21: I didn't see this coming! I really liked this team. Hopefully they will succeed in finding new partners.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Seriously?! :palmf:
Now? When they were just finally making it, they split? What even is this off season?!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh no, yet another nonsensical split this off-season. There were no signs of this coming or at least no such reached me. :( I really liked these two together so this news affects me, and they were making progress recently.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Nope. All this does is make it easier for a team like Hurtado & Khaliavin to grab the likely opening in the top ten (due to a likely retirement of Cappellini & Lanotte).

I don't understand your logic? How is a Spanish Dance team making the top 10 a bad thing, when it means the 2nd Spanish team, who are also very good, getting a place at World's next season? (Spain will have 2 at Europeans this season)

:scratch2:

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Darn this break up. I enjoyed their FD last season and was hoping to see their progress this season. Good luck to them both!

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry:

I really loved them together! They had such great chemistry and interesting programs.

I hope at least this is their private decision and not JSF meddling hoping that Kana, with her star potential, will find a younger and less injury-prone partner. Good male ice dance partners aren't growing on trees (just ask Elena Ilinykh).

I hope they find good partners, but building a stable partnership in time for the next Olympics will be tricky. Best of luck to them both!

composer

On the Ice
Wow, I didn't see this happening. I mean they were on the verge of being a top ten team especially with several teams taking the GP season off. I really hope he doesn't switch countries. There have been a few Reeds or it feels like they have been around for a while and switching countries freely. None have had sucess like this it would appear.

You are thinking of Allison Reed. Both Cathy and Chris skated for Japan their entire senior career and Cathy is coaching in Japan now. I really wish people would stop throwing shade at the Reeds for country hopping when Chris and Cathy have only done so once and they did it early on as teenagers, presumably before the US Fed spent much on developing them. Not to mention that Cathy's post competitive career also shows her dedication to Japanese skating. As for Allison, as another poster has mentioned, male skating partners don't exactly grow on trees.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I don't understand your logic? How is a Spanish Dance team making the top 10 a bad thing, when it means the 2nd Spanish team, who are also very good, getting a place at World's next season? (Spain will have 2 at Europeans this season)

:scratch2:

I was responding to the post above, which implied that this split was in some way a good thing for the parties involved. My logic is that this split is in no way a good thing for Kana, Chris, and the development of Japanese ice dance.

Of course, it will be a good thing for Spain. (And if I didn't appreciate the quality of H&K, I wouldn't have named them. I think their odds are very good this season. Though why recycled Pink Floyd and Libertango? Why?).