Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
In the past 24 hours we've seen disco Yuzu, Flower fairy Yuzu, Feudal Lord Yuzu, and Business Yuzu. --And now I think he may disappear for a few months. :thank: See you in August when I guess it will be UA Yuzu.

Sorry at that time:laugh:, I could imagine what you are feeling, certainly he looks good in traditional clothes.

One more trivia for you (or probably you know it already;)?). Hakama with haori are samurai's clothes in its origin, they say emperors never wear them officially. (Empresses wear "kimono" though.)

You'd have a better chance for his Seimei's costume :thumbsup:; emperors couldn't wear "kariginu" but retired emperors or princes could.

Oooooh, damn it :sad21: Well, he can make his way up from a Samurai to the Emperor :taunt:

P.S. Sorry, I'm so happy today :biggrin:

Danibellerika

Medalist
More information about Yuzu's Sendai-made outfit, TV presenters in one of the shows said that getting one at a department store would cost about 1 million yen! :eeking:

Here I was thinking he looks like a million bucks. And it's worth a million yen. So close enough! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously though, when I saw him in it I was looking up prices for Hakamas and couldn't really find anything that could help me ballpark what his would be worth (I saw some for up to a couple hundred dollars and I was like...yeah I doubt it. So I'm glad to get a figure one that.

sun110

Final Flight
Japanese star figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu, wearing a special type of "hakama" skirt originated in his hometown Sendai, has his kimono fixed while waiting for a ceremony to begin in which he received the People's Honor Award at the prime minister's office in Tokyo on July 2, 2018. (Photo by Naohiko Hatta)⠀

He's so handsome here:p. I want to apply for the job:rolleye:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bku2nWIDPFr/?utm_source=ig_embed

JuliettaG

On the Ice
He's so handsome here:p. I want to apply for the job:rolleye:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bku2nWIDPFr/?utm_source=ig_embed

So beautiful:luv17:Really, he's one of the most beautiful person I've seen...
I'm like a proud mama today, each time I see a picture of the ceremony my heart warms and everything is better.He deserves this and much more, but I hope that after all the hardships he's suffered all his life finally he can feel that nothing was in vane, that we all admire him and that we expect nothing but happiness for him.

Danibellerika

Medalist
So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot made it feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him through the broadcast :luv17::luv17::luv17:. And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to do exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it". I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

You reminded me of him playing with his fan in Pyeongchang. :luv17:

I want him to skate Seimei while using fan as props so bad. :drama:

Not for competition though, for his EX. :biggrin:

Yeah, I was thinking about gala practice in PC. At the time it looked like he always carries a fan with himself :)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot made it feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him through the broadcast :luv17::luv17::luv17:. And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to do exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it". I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!

Oh please do! I'd love to hear Charlie White's commentary of the Olympics.

Did he really said this? “I will pay attention to my private life and other things, so that I will live a life where no one can talk behind my back.”

That is not what I want for him. Of course I want him to be a respectable human being, which he is, but I want him to be free, free and free. He is a human like all of us, he has the right to sometimes get angry, get upset, and make mistakes. I don't want invisible threads there that tighten his hands, he has the right to not be an angel all the time.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it of course, sorry for the abrupt tantrum.

JuliettaG

On the Ice
Did he really said this? “I will pay attention to my private life and other things, so that I will live a life where no one can talk behind my back.”

That is not what I want for him. Of course I want him to be a respectable human being, which he is, but I want him to be free, free and free. He is a human like all of us, he has the right to sometimes get angry, get upset, and make mistakes. I don't want invisible threads there that tighten his hands, he has the right to not be an angel all the time.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it of course, sorry for the abrupt tantrum.

Yes, when I read it, it made me sad...:( I think the rumors and what the newspapers published really hurt him, like he said at Ciontu, so maybe he wants to avoid it. But it is sad that he needs to go to such extreme.

Yes, when I read it, it made me sad...:( I think the rumors and what the newspapers published really hurt him, like he said at Ciontu, so maybe he wants to avoid it. But it is sad that he needs to go to such extreme.

Especially when you look at the change of atmosphere in TCC. Evgenia and Jason posting pics and videos all the time, having the time of their lives. I fear that in front of this new atmosphere Yuzu will tend to isolate himself to prevent any rumour or gossip :(

Again, I may be very mistaken and it turns to be a very happy and friendly environment for him :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think he looks like a very handsome man here. ;)

The camera is totally, as nearly always, in love with him...

In the past 24 hours we've seen disco Yuzu, Flower fairy Yuzu, Feudal Lord Yuzu, and Business Yuzu. --And now I think he may disappear for a few months. :thank: See you in August when I guess it will be UA Yuzu.

But at least next weekend we should have the Heroes and Legends broadcast... which means we get The-Return-of-Hope&Legacy Yuzu to keep us going a bit longer!!!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/175475810906/q-a-after-peoples-honour-award-ceremony-2-july Translation of Yuzu's Press Conference after the Award. Thank you so much to the translator! He answers questions so thoughtfully, and never goes for the rote answer. It sometimes makes his statements hard to translate, because he really is thinking about the answer at the moment and forming his thoughts as he speaks. --So much respect for the translator who posted this. :pray:

...Q: About being the youngest ever recipient of this award.

A: Within me there isn’t much sentiment about the youngest ever, always within my mind I think that the thoughts of everyone including the people who have supported me until now have pushed me forward. More than being the youngest ever recipient I feel that it is something I am able to receive here because everyone is by my side....

Q: Your own role in the world of sports and the things you want to do.

A: In the future as there will be many many athletes, not only in Japan but all over the world who really want to reach the top, I would like to be a position where I can support these people, this is how I am thinking. Especially because I received this award, I want to properly ruminate on the pride as a Japanese person, culture and also our way of thinking and be in such a position. Whether it is these two consecutive Olympic victories, or everyone’s appraisal, precisely because I received these results there is definitely something I can do. I want to become someone who can communicate the things that only I can do, the things that only I can feel, and the things that only I can learn.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Especially when you look at the change of atmosphere in TCC. Evgenia and Jason posting pics and videos all the time, having the time of their lives. I fear that in front of this new atmosphere Yuzu will tend to isolate himself to prevent any rumour or gossip :(

Again, I may be very mistaken and it turns to be a very happy and friendly environment for him :)

I don't think we'll see much change or constraint (I mean, just the day before the ceremony he was bouncing around, wilding with the other skaters and pretty much having a ball):

Yuzuru was always one to keep it impeccably sportsmanlike and friendly anyway (the only time I can think of when he lost his temper publicly was the Denis Ten thing... given all his years in the spotlight, that's wildly impressive). He and Javi set the tone for the quad, which culminated in the most heartwarming final flight in the Olympics EVER.

It's also clear from interviews and articles that he's always felt the weight of being a face and hope for everyone who suffered in the earthquake, which clearly did a lot of shape his character at such a young age, but he wears the weight lightly.

As far as isolating himself, he'll probably go on as he always has, our little ninja. We don't actually know who will be training mates, if anyone - I doubt even Jason or Boyang can really take Javi's place after all these years, but if one or both of them partner up, I'm sure they'll be sensitive to what he wants, they both admire and are clearly very fond of him.

Reth

On the Ice
Hi everyone. I came out lurking to say he look fantastic in the hakama. So proud of him!

Status
Not open for further replies.