Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Yuzuru will not be going to WTT due to right ankle injury

Source

While I am glad he is resting, at the same time I did think ‘Ah what a pity’ I do want to see more of Otonal and Origin. What are the chances he would repeat them next season...? 😂

Interspectator

Record Breaker
While I am glad he is resting, at the same time I did think ‘Ah what a pity’ I do want to see more of Otonal and Origin. What are the chances he would repeat them next season...? ��

Good question! Who thinks he'll keep both?
Who thinks he's going to have 2 new ones?
Or keep one and change one?

I think he'll keep one and change one.

kiches

Final Flight
I hope Yuzu felt satisfied with what he was able to do with both programs and tries something new next season. I loved both programs, but they are tribute programs and I want him to have programs that are entirely his.

It's the same way I feel about the 4T3A, it's cool and I never imagined I'd get to see it in person (it's amazing), but points wise it makes no sense even though it's a very Yuzu-like jumping pass. I'm sure he's got a short list of music he'd like, but I'd be curious to see what Jeff or Shae would suggest for him if he'd be open to it. I know Jeff has picked Parisienne Walkways, Ballade no. 1, and Let's Go Crazy so I think I'd trust his taste. Yuzu has always brought the free skate music he wants to Shae, but I'm sure she has ideas!

yude

Record Breaker
So Yuzuru seems to have a plan to practice 4Lz at first, 4F next, and 4A lastly. What do you think about this order? To be honest, I was hoping he would go straight to 4A because nobody knew how long his ankle could hold, but now his mindset was totally changed. If he really plans to do all types of quad, it will probably take time to master them (meaning landing in the competition) and Beijing Olympics might be in front of him by then :drama: One season has finished now, you know...

And in one interview, he said he wanted to compete fully in the next season but he felt like he had to do make plan considering his ankle condition, so I wonder if he will skip some competitions.

In any case, I always wish him health and happiness :)

Shedi0806

On the Ice
I think it is definitely harder to up the technical content while training new programs as well, so I am leaning towards the idea that it would be wise to keep one program and change the other. Not sure which one to drop, though, they are both beautiful.

If he chooses to get at least a new program I would not mind to see him with a new choreographer for a change. What do you think?

Shedi0806

On the Ice
So Yuzuru seems to have a plan to practice 4Lz at first, 4F next, and 4A lastly. What do you think about this order? To be honest, I was hoping he would go straight to 4A because nobody knew how long his ankle could hold, but now his mindset was totally changed. If he really plans to do all types of quad, it will probably take time to master them (meaning landing in the competition) and Beijing Olympics might be in front of him by then :drama: One season has finished now, you know...

And in one interview, he said he wanted to compete fully in the next season but he felt like he had to do make plan considering his ankle condition, so I wonder if he will skip some competitions.

They will talk this out with his coaches and strategize wisely. His health is paramount and I think if he was healthy here at worlds he would have won. I stand by this. He does not need the whole arsenal of quads, he needs to go clean an consistent. He could definitely do the 4A and Brian talked about it in December that they had worked on it.

I just wish him happy and healthy and would like to congratulate him on a feisty and memorable worlds.

Good question! Who thinks he'll keep both?
Who thinks he's going to have 2 new ones?
Or keep one and change one?

I think he'll keep one and change one.

His reason for choosing these programs was to show his appreciation to skaters that made him love the sport and go back to his origins why he enjoyed watching them as a kid. But then, after WC FS he said he found out that he loves competing and in that way he truly found his origins. Based on that I think he is going to change both programs.

In the beginning of season he said he wanted to skate for his own joy but then he noticed his own joy had a different meaning for him.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
The order 4Lz->4F->4A actually makes a lot of sense. Skaters don't go straight from loops to Axels when learning single jumps, so if anything, getting his 4Lz back then moving on to the flip would probably help with the Axel, assuming his ankle holds out. :pray:

kiches

Final Flight

I hope Yuzu is able to take the appropriate time to heal his ankle (if that's even possible :sad4:). Makes me wonder if he might consider skipping part of the GP.

I think the 4Lz makes some sense as the first jump to practice since he's already put in the work for it in the past and was able to do it, I thought he'd try 4A after it, and flip last. Then again, I don't always believe what he says :laugh:, who can forget that one time he said "I'm not thinking about it at all" when asked about the 4Lz?

I hope Yuzu is able to take the appropriate time to heal his ankle (if that's even possible :sad4:). Makes me wonder if he might consider skipping part of the GP.

I think the 4Lz makes some sense as the first jump to practice since he's already put in the work for it in the past and was able to do it, I thought he'd try 4A after it, and flip last. Then again, I don't always believe what he says :laugh:, who can forget that one time he said "I'm not thinking about it at all" when asked about the 4Lz?

I also feel that skipping GP is a good choice. If his main goal for next season is WC 2020 then it is a good strategy that he starts with Japan national, 4CC and then WC. Of course it all depends on him and I'm just speculating.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Meryl and Brian Interview from the Olympic Channel https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/v...-on-yuzuru-hanyu-s-future-he-ll-be-back-soon/
Hanyu Yuzuru and Matsuoka Shuzo's post WC interview -I'm always happy to see them together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Nw0T119Jgmc
With Subtitles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJJMxYc9CU

I've seen some reports that Yuzu has returned to Canada already. This means rehab and training.
We'll see him again on April 20th for the unveiling of a second monument in Sendai. Until then, we need to be paitent. --OH, there's still the blog!!:love:

Last edited:

Imov

Medalist
I really hope by rehab and proper training they can restore his ankle to at least 80%.
He needs every bit of it if he is going for 4L, 4F and 4A.
How I wish I was an expert on this to assert the situation.
But he does have a great team behind him and for sure they are keeping him in check.

firal

Record Breaker
This has nothing to do with what I believe he can do and how good I think/know he is, but I really want him to go out while he is on top. Not force out because of injury, not because he is off podium and media started to stir up controversial headlines. Obviously as someone who enjoy his skating and always look forward to new programs he can bring forth, I crave that, but at the same time the realistic side of me knows there will be more young stars coming up, who may or may not be our cup of tea, but who will be injury free and armed with arsenal technically and artistically. That is just the cycle of life (or something like that...)

Not sure what I am trying to say. I apologize if this sentiment is offending anyone. I was quite certain he would go on until 2020 only, but now I'm not sure if he wants to go on until the next Olympics.

As far as programs go, how about tweeking Origin or Otonal into EX programs?? That way we get new programs and he gets to continue pay his respect. :biggrin:

firal I don't think what you are saying is offending. After all, we have seen athletes that lost their reputation by staying too long in their career. We have already seen comments like "Hanyu should retire and not stand in the way of youngsters" in the Worlds Men FS thread.

But, honestly he is still the only habitant of planet Hanyu, why should he think he has to retire? The only reason for retirement would be injury which none of us know his actual condition. He just shares whatever information with us that he thinks is appropriate so we can only trust his decision. Of course, I don't want to see him suffering from a life time injury but I really can not see him so illogical to put himself in such a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.