Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 292 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imov

Medalist
Can I announce my own good news here? After all, Hanyu fan fest is where our friends are.

I got a faculty position in a very good university, I am a Professor now :yahoo: If you want to do a PhD in "Theoretical and Computational Chemistry" in US, don't hesitate to contact me :biggrin:

So happy for you Farnaz. Congratulations, your hard work has been rewarded.

So happy for you Farnaz. Congratulations, your hard work has been rewarded.

I never understood the hidden identities in the internet, it means Farnaz is my real first name. So, when you say congratulations Farnaz it feels so real and coming from a friend. It makes me soooooo happy. Thanks again :luv17:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Farnaz!

Thanks for explaining!

THANK YOU, YUZU. Fans definitely wanted to see it, including this one who spent like 15 minutes searching all over the internet for a nice spring phone wallpaper of him in that costume with some sakura and came up empty until that was posted. :laugh:

--I may have mis-remembered though, there was so much stuff I was looking at. :palmf:

EDIT: I'm going to remove my post, because I can't be sure where I saw the tweet and I don't want to spread possible false information. Sorry!

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
firal I don't think what you are saying is offending. After all, we have seen athletes that lost their reputation by staying too long in their career. We have already seen comments like "Hanyu should retire and not stand in the way of youngsters" in the Worlds Men FS thread.

But, honestly he is still the only habitant of planet Hanyu, why should he think he has to retire? The only reason for retirement would be injury which none of us know his actual condition. He just shares whatever information with us that he thinks is appropriate so we can only trust his decision. Of course, I don't want to see him suffering from a life time injury but I really can not see him so illogical to put himself in such a situation.

Thanks for the heads-up so I know which thread to avoid...I was not putting into words my thought properly and I would not try again, but I echo your sentiment here. Congrats on you real-life success!

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Yes, it says something different. So what I thought I read was wrong. I must have been half asleep. :hopelessness:

Okay, I deleted that part of my post, then. Phew, I know I'm not fluent, but I didn't think my Japanese was that bad that I'd miss a juicy tidbit like that. :eek:: If only it had been true.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I wanted to thank everyone again for their best wishes :luv17:

Also, I feel I have to apologize for hijacking a bit of Yuzu's thread :pray: :)

yude

Record Breaker
This is the review of Men's in WC by Takeshi Honda in the local newspaper, here is short excerpt.

"Hanyu in Men's, his mistake on 4S in SP was huge, but he had great concentration, spirit, shifting into gear when he wanted to win. He had something more emotionally hit than Chen. Hanyu looked like he had changed his landing form on his jumps. In the past, he was landing on his toe to absorb the impact, but his ankle has been loosen after many sprains. If he lands on toe, he has chance to twist his ankle with less muscle around it. But I felt he was landing on the sole (in WC), using almost a half of the blade."

https://twitter.com/tomikoyuzu/status/1110460032531853312

Imov

Medalist
This is the review of Men's in WC by Takeshi Honda in the local newspaper, here is short excerpt.

"Hanyu in Men's, his mistake on 4S in SP was huge, but he had great concentration, spirit, shifting into gear when he wanted to win. He had something more emotionally hit than Chen. Hanyu looked like he had changed his landing form on his jumps. In the past, he was landing on his toe to absorb the impact, but his ankle has been loosen after many sprains. If he lands on toe, he has chance to twist his ankle with less muscle around it. But I felt he was landing on the sole, using almost a half of the blade."

https://twitter.com/tomikoyuzu/status/1110460032531853312

Honestly when I saw the popped Sal (and it was live very heart wretching) I consoled myself that better that rather than an injury.
I thought Yuzu popped it because he need too. Its nice to know Honda-san observed something like this.
It wasn't just a fluke, when he said his mind went blank, it was probably a defense mechanism to which his body reacted to. (Of course its just my opinion)
And no matter what the consequence, it was worth it.

yude

Record Breaker
Honestly when I saw the popped Sal (and it was live very heart wretching) I consoled myself that better that rather than an injury.
I thought Yuzu popped it because he need too. Its nice to know Honda-san observed something like this.
It wasn't just a fluke, when he said his mind went blank, it was probably a defense mechanism to which his body reacted to. (Of course its just my opinion)
And no matter what the consequence, it was worth it.

Yes, I think the most important for him now is to protect his ankle, and knees and maybe whole body. There are experts in his team, I hope every change he makes in his figure skating will work properly :pray:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/norakuro008/status/1110853188674936832 This has just aired on a show about Heisei era Sports. We haven't seen this footage of 12 year old Yuzu before I think?

He's saying that he lacks stamina so he's concentrating his training on that, and what he wants to challenge most is the 3A. He said on land it was only 1/4th lacking in rotation, but he said on ice he'd get scared and couldn't rotate it, so he wants to not be afraid and rotate it propperly.

He's such a skinny lad back then.

Last edited:

ankifeather

Final Flight
Just how much stock of young Yuzu videos do the Japanese TV have hidden still? We know you've filmed his whole life , so please start releasing them more now he has returned to the cave again.

Talking about the cave, compared to the loss, I will say I'm more sad that the two great programs of Origin and Otonal did not get a full season run, since we are probably saying bye to at least one of them. I think Otonal may be kept for strategic reasons as it scores well, and if possible I would love to see Origin turned into a show version, one where Yuzu can skate to his heart content without worrying about jumps.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/__pino_____/status/1110884965590269952 This is the link of the various Yuzu video clips aired on todays show about Heisei sports. Some old, some we've seen before but here and there are little bits that I hadn't seen yet from when he had his first long interview. It's nice to have them all together.

-----------------

In the tradition of Xinyu liftinng Yuzu at the Worlds Banquet, we have the latest photo!
https://t.co/7272YFsq4y
https://twitter.com/BlueFlame4YUZU/status/1110892500426776577 Translation of Caption by a fan.

D2qrJ21X0AAa9Dp.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.