Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker
In the interview, he said at first he was thinking FaOI would be the long tour and hard, but in reality the time had past so fast, he could meet a lot of (new) people and there were many things he could learn. The ending of FaOI always tells him it is the start of the new season and he feels he has to prepare well for the competitions. His body is still made for the ice shows and he needs to re-build it for the competitions, and he will really try not to get injured while doing that. (this is not word-by-word translation)

When he was asked about the jumps and his foot recovery, he kind of hesitated to say they had been going really well and sounded like the jumps were not good enough, I guess he really took advantage of this tour as the rehab process.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This version of Haru yo Koi is the one I will keep and watch for ever. :drama::sad4: So much beauty in 2 minutes. --And can I say again, that it's way too short?

I'm tempted to splice together all the versions we have from the TV shows, from the very first we saw to today's.... even though my tech skills, see how they lack :noshake:

JuliettaG

On the Ice

yude

Record Breaker

yude

Record Breaker
This last Fantasy on Ice was the most fun of all we've seen so far. Yuzu almost looked like he was tearing up at the end.
Here is the HD Yuzu cut for Shizuoka Fantasy on Ice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJJQLChASg

We won't see him skating again for a little while. :ghug:

True, but I'm still looking forward to the broadcast of Heroes & Future on the next weekend, which is kind of new to us (except local people in Nagano) :biggrin:

khtmyzr

Final Flight
This last Fantasy on Ice was the most fun of all we've seen so far. Yuzu almost looked like he was tearing up at the end.

I was thinking that too. Thought I was imagining things :p

About his EX - love his expression when he threw the ice. I really wish we’ll see a good quality photo showing his expression as he looks at all the ice floating in the air in the future. It’ll be ethereal.

Oh and his skating looked so light and smooth through the whole thing. :love:

Henni147

Final Flight
About his EX - love his expression when he threw the ice. I really wish we’ll see a good quality photo showing his expression as he looks at all the ice floating in the air in the future. It’ll be ethereal.
Oh and his skating looked so light and smooth through the whole thing. :love:
I hope for some great camera work as in Barcelona. The footage of Yuzu's Notte Stellata EX at Rostelekom last year was nice, too (especially the colors :love:).

I really really love this EX. Yuzu looks so happy and free of all worries. To use Brian's words: 'He really flies.'
Beautiful out-of-nowhere jumps, the spin with his hands touching the ice, super-deep hydroblading, gorgeous Ina Bauer, all those little lyrical pauses... lovely.
You can like or dislike the costume, but I can't imagine another one to this program anymore. Yuzu's skating makes this costume work and vice versa. (Much better than Dory in my opinion.)

The next 3-4 months will be tough. I really can't wait for the new season :hap93:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Well we have the People’s Award Ceremony tomorrow? Wonder if after that Yuzuru’s off to Toronto

sun110

Final Flight
Yeah can't wait to see what kind of gift he'll get other than that huge gold medal. After that it's time for him to go back to training in Canada and get choreographed.

Status
Not open for further replies.