Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 332 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankifeather

Final Flight
OMG he looks so happy! That victory pose just made my day. Although after seeing the bowling shirt in action, I agree, bring back the sequins and ruffles please! How dare they dress him in such plain clothes on such an important moment!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In seriousness, I was more concerned abt his 4Lutz than the shirt he was wearing. That ankle must hurt.

Oh I know, we all worry about that pretty much nonstop (and then others wonder why Hanyu fans get protective!) But Yuzu was clearly bound and determined not to be defeated by the injury, just as he is bound and determined to get the 4A. What gets me is the courage to go out and repeatedly do it in public, with the eyes of hundreds on him, while still working on it and sometimes failing.

Makes me feel somewhat abashed at crying 'not feeling up to doing things I don't want to do' on occasion...

ankifeather

Final Flight
Also next time anyone wants to claim everybody pre-rotates a bit when they do 4lz so it doesn't matter, I want to stick a gif of Yuzu's 4Lz to say this is is how you do a proper non-prerotated 4Lz - beautiful take-off, delayed rotation with all 4 turns in the air.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Also next time anyone wants to claim everybody pre-rotates a bit when they do 4lz so it doesn't matter, I want to stick a gif of Yuzu's 4Lz to say this is is how you do a proper non-prerotated 4Lz - beautiful take-off, delayed rotation with all 4 turns in the air.

Stares at *ahem
Half the field trying a 4Lz. Put any transitions before this and he'll get +5 for this, surely?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
here's the new group number.
Yuzu is Rocking it! https://twitter.com/killua11111/status/1139290897026150400

Longer TV clips aired this morning. Lots of new Yuzu footage from Kobe Hooray!
https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/1139297064536272896

-It is the male tv presenters first chance to cover an ice show, so he went to the morning practice to try commenting but got distracted by the skating.
-The next day there is rehearsals at the show rink and the presenter wants to get advice from skaters as to how to comment he asks Kaori and Nobu. Kaori says, just say what you feel, don't hold back, and Nobu says 'can I give real advice? -It's better not to talk.' :biggrin: People want to enjoy the performance, don't be noisy.

At the end he asked Yuzu, what part of fantasy on ice do you want to draw attention to?

Yuzu: That medalists, including Olympic gold medalists have the opportunity to gather in one place and unite to skate together is extremely rare. I think it's a really good show, please watch each one carefully.

What is Kansai, Kobe to you?

Yuzu: This time, I skated something new in the opening number, and everyone seemed to be really happy with it, I felt Kansai is so warm, or, Kansai is so hot. If I could pull off a comedic choreography, I feel I want to do 'bakyuun!' (This is doing finger guns at someone and saying 'bakyuun!' which is the bang sound effect, and is a very common comedic pantomime in Kansai) When I see Nobu, I think this, but I'm not that type, so I'll leave it to Nobu-kun. (Oda does this move in his program).

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Thank you for posting!

The 4Lz. :love: He says that he still doesn't completely consider it a success, but he's definitely happy to have come that far.

Also, they asked him what it represents when he raises his fist at the end of Crystal Memories, and he said that he's supposed to be holding a sword, and Toshi is the master/leader/lord (not sure how to translate 主).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you for posting!

The 4Lz. :love: He says that he still doesn't completely consider it a success, but he's definitely happy to have come that far.

Also, they asked him what it represents when he raises his fist at the end of Crystal Memories, and he said that he's supposed to be holding a sword, and Toshi is the master/leader/lord (not sure how to translate 主).

Master? Overlord? :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you for posting!

-About that 4LZ, if I'm seeing correctly, it's the 4Lz from the day before, where he overturned.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, I think either of those would be fine. I'm not sure if there's an English word as non-specific as 主. Probably "master" would be closest.

The bit where both Yuzu and Toshi go down on one knee to each other... FAoI could very well be the start of a beautiful friendship, they are adorable together.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist

Exactly. This is a true, QUAD Lutz, with a gorgeous take-off, no prerotation, amazing outside edge, not forced and not focused on fastest possible rotation but rather on a beautiful spring into air and ridiculous height. Just stunningly beautiful :love: I just can't get enough of his perfect technique.

yude

Record Breaker
And he is doing that 4Lz in jeans at the small rink, I know he doesn't need much preparation before the jumps but still :shocked:

Speaking of the rink, it was reported in one of TV news that the rink of Toyama was smaller than the rinks in other cities. I hope he will end FaOI with health and happy smiles :)

Shedi0806

On the Ice
And he is doing that 4Lz in jeans at the small rink, I know he doesn't need much preparation before the jumps but still :shocked:

Speaking of the rink, it was reported in one of TV news that the rink of Toyama was smaller than the rinks in other cities. I hope he will end FaOI with health and happy smiles :)

He is such a bad*ss genius. Cannot wait to see the next show!

Status
Not open for further replies.