Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah can't wait to see what kind of gift he'll get other than that huge gold medal. After that it's time for him to go back to training in Canada and get choreographed.

If his parade is any indication, it'll be another truckload's worth... one wonders where on earth he manages to keep all this stuff :)

It is going to be very hot today, too :drama: He might be nervous but I hope Yuzuru enjoys the moment of receiving the award, and we have to be ready for tons of news clips :party:

Do we have a link for where the award ceremony will be televised or reported on?

firal

Record Breaker
Must be exciting for him to be able to watch all those soundcheck! Since he is such a self-proclaimed " sounds snob" :laugh:

Read it on Twitter that he seems to form a friendly relationship with Scott this tour around; reigning them all in, Yuzuru!

Must be exciting for him to be able to watch all those soundcheck! Since he is such a self-proclaimed " sounds snob" :laugh:

Read it on Twitter that he seems to form a friendly relationship with Scott this tour around; reigning them all in, Yuzuru!

I remember the irritated Scott in the gala of GPF 2016 when Yuzu was taking his time on ice while Tessa and Scott were waiting to enter. I remember Scott saying sth in the line of "Come on, let us wrap it up and go home". I imagine the beginning of FaOI Yuzu thinking like "oh wait, are you the one that is not entrapped in my charm yet? :dev3:" and at the end "You see, that's how I have won over all these people till now :biggrin:".

firal

Record Breaker
If his parade is any indication, it'll be another truckload's worth... one wonders where on earth he manages to keep all this stuff :)

Do we have a link for where the award ceremony will be televised or reported on?

Don't know if I am interpreting your words wrong, but Yuzuru is getting a big gift, in addition to the medal, as part of the People's Award. Usually they choose something fun/personal/tailored towards the recipent!

I don't think it will be live-televised; however, I am sure all the news programs, probably starting with evening news in Japan, will show us footage!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't know if I am interpreting your words wrong, but Yuzuru is getting a big gift, in addition to the medal, as part of the People's Award. Usually they choose something fun/personal/tailored towards the recipent!

I don't think it will be live-televised; however, I am sure all the news programs, probably starting with evening news in Japan, will show us footage!

I'm just thinking of the half hour before the parade started - it was in Japanese, so I couldn't follow what they said but it was sort of "here's a plaque for your big day", "and here's a presentation from someone else", "and here's a commemorative thing," "oh and here's another..."

sun110

Final Flight
I'm just thinking of the half hour before the parade started - it was in Japanese, so I couldn't follow what they said but it was sort of "here's a plaque for your big day", "and here's a presentation from someone else", "and here's a commemorative thing," "oh and here's another..."

They usually get something meaningful and customized as a special gift. When Habu won the award, he got a set of brush and inkstone as gift (not 100% sure though). Maybe Yuzu will get something related to skating? Gold boots/blades? :laugh: I also read that Habu gave small gift back at the ceremony. If this is a custom, then I'm curious to see what gift Yuzu will give back.

Status
Not open for further replies.