Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynter

On the Ice
By the way, how hard do you guys think it was for him to not play with the fan but just hold it in his hand? :biggrin:

You reminded me of him playing with his fan in Pyeongchang. :luv17:

I want him to skate Seimei while using fan as props so bad. :drama:

Not for competition though, for his EX. :biggrin:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Petition for Yuzuru to always wear those lovely traditional clothes instead of his usual ill fitting suits... he looks so elegant!

yude

Record Breaker
Thank you guys for all these updates, I am catching up now! When I was having lunch at the workplace, I saw the photo of him in Hakama and I could not help sharing it with my co-workers :laugh:

Congratulations, Yuzuru :cheer: :agree:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
More information about Yuzu's Sendai-made outfit, TV presenters in one of the shows said that getting one at a department store would cost about 1 million yen! :eeking:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More information about Yuzu's Sendai-made outfit, TV presenters in one of the shows said that getting one at a department store would cost about 1 million yen! :eeking:

That's... I'd be scared to wear something that pricey, but again you get how much they love him... it's surely going to be priceless in his eyes.

You know, being a Yuzu fan the last few months has really been a bonanza of warm'n'fuzzies over how much so many people love as well as admire him...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
That's... I'd be scared to wear something that pricey, but again you get how much they love him... it's surely going to be priceless in his eyes.

You know, being a Yuzu fan the last few months has really been a bonanza of warm'n'fuzzies over how much so many people love as well as admire him...

But Yuzu wearing the clothes in a public event will repay the maker 100% for sure. It's the best kind of advertisement possible. --Which Yuzu was aware of, of course. :points: everyone wins!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
But Yuzu wearing the clothes in a public event will repay the maker 100% for sure. It's the best kind of advertisement possible. --Which Yuzu was aware of, of course. :points: everyone wins!

And it was a perfect, dignified and elegant way for the guest of honour to to totally stand out too :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow, just saw pictures of Yuzuru on my twitter timeline with the prime minister. He looks rad!! :love: And what has he done to his hair? Woah.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

I just updated this post with more links to the TV broadcasts that aired today.

Channel News Asia article https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...0490874?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter In English

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
He's so gorgeous in Hakama. I have a question- in the earlier costumes he had a rounded fluffy thing (dark blue and white) hanging over his belly, now it's not round anymore- what' the meaning of it?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
He's so gorgeous in Hakama. I have a question- in the earlier costumes he had a rounded fluffy thing (dark blue and white) hanging over his belly, now it's not round anymore- what' the meaning of it?

Not sure of ‘meaning’ but the haori himo is used to tie the edges of the haori in front. It’s decorative as well as useful.

ktmsrkn

Rinkside
OMG, I know this proposal of mine was rejected before in another thread but I still vote for him to become the Emperor :biggrin:
Sorry at that time:laugh:, I could imagine what you are feeling, certainly he looks good in traditional clothes.

One more trivia for you (or probably you know it already;)?). Hakama with haori are samurai's clothes in its origin, they say emperors never wear them on official occasions. (Empresses wear "kimono" though.)

You'd have a better chance for his Seimei's costume :thumbsup:; emperors couldn't wear "kariginu" but retired emperors or princes could.

yude

Record Breaker
Shirota's comment about the award in evening Yomiuri newspaper.

"To achieve the consecutive win in the Olympics as a Japanese athlete in figure skating originated in Western countries is very valuable. I think this is the award that his trial and error efforts so far was recognized. Congratulations indeed."

Status
Not open for further replies.