Cosplay your favourite skater | Golden Skate

Cosplay your favourite skater

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So you have decided to Cosplay your favourite (or just one you want to pretend to be) skater: Who are you and what costume of theirs are you wearing?

(Cosplay= (コスプレ kosupure), a contraction of the words costume play, is an amateur hobby in which participants called cosplayers wear self-made costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character.)

I'm going to be Carolina Kostner in her hilighter green pantsuit from Europeans. What? I started the thread so I get to wear this gem.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
meh... easy... i can just wear just about any of Adam's costumes and go clubbing ;)

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Alina's tiger catsuit or Nathan's Vera Wang costume. :think:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ok.. now that I have read this thread better :)

my favorite skater is patrick chan

i would wear a lot of his outfits ;) but my two preferred ones came from exh pieces, in the middle of his career. (well i do prefer the elegie in his first year as SP though---that program had a few different costumes)

Elegie, with ruffles and deep v neck and laced back. i may look a bit ridiculous in that but it looks amazing on him

or
Esqualo, this is by far, my favourite chiddy outfit... so damn sexy :)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As I said elsewhere, I mentally pictured me in Yuzu's Swanyu beauty, in the Purple Pants, or in his new glorious sparkly cherry blossom glory, and nearly laughed myself silly....

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hold it, hold it. I have a character picked out for statutory holidays. Is it ok if it’s more of a living accessory? I’ll be the bird on LaVona Harding’s shoulder.

There, now I’ve covered all the bases.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I have wanted to wear Mao Asada’s 2014 Nocturne SP dress since...forever, so I’m going with that. (There are two versions - either is 100% acceptable.)

marthick

Rinkside
I'm still not sure where he is among my favorite skaters (somewhere near the top but it changes all the time), but to my horror, the first thing I thought about when I read the prompt was this.

As a second option, I feel like I'm in the minority, but I really like Yuzu's White Legend costume and would enjoy cosplaying it unironically.

Reth

On the Ice
Yuzu’s cherry blossom costume. I like all the pink and glitter and wispy fabric all over.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todd Eldredge's 1996 Worlds "First Knight" costume. So blue - my favorite color (and I am thrilled that it is @ the sports museum in the Boston Garden - we took pictures of it).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I would cosplay in any of Anna Cappelini's dresses. She always looks so beautiful in a classy, understated way.

Last edited: