Orser to train Chinese athletes | Golden Skate

Orser to train Chinese athletes

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I wonder what they mean by "periodically". Like once every year? And is this like a seminar or a week-long kind of thing? The article makes this arrangement quite vague...

pandatours

On the Ice
This could be why Boyang seems to no longer be going to TCC full time. I’m sure we will learn more details in time but for now it seems like it will be like workshop training a few times a year, as well as possibly taking on an advisory role for their singles development.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I wonder what they mean by "periodically". Like once every year? And is this like a seminar or a week-long kind of thing? The article makes this arrangement quite vague...

This got me thinking as to how their scheduling works too. A week here and there (ie. a week of consultation/workshop every 2-3 months) isn't too bad. I hope Brian and co. don't bite off more than what they can chew.
I know TCC has other good coaches but their main core will be juggling with the development of another country's skating pool. IMO, that's a hell lot to handle.

Haleth

On the Ice
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it means an annual spring or summer camp/workshop like they do in Spain, perhaps with an added workshop with coaches during a less busy time. I doubt that they would go there once a month during the main season as they have their own skaters to attend to and they don't want to jeopardize their careers. I also doubt the Chinese fed is giving Brian that much responsibility despite the high-sounding words. I suspect it is a face-saving gesture, perhaps intended as a way to maintain a professional relationship despite what happened with Boyang.

Unless we start seeing Brian and Tracy spending loads of time over in China I wouldn't worry too much about it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
No matter the details, I hope and think it will be better than Lori's training for the Chinese team. She was hired to do a lot more than just a choreographer for almost every top Chinese lady, man and pairs. It will be refreshing to see some new input.