Wardrobe malfunction in practice | Golden Skate

Wardrobe malfunction in practice

Hey everyone. Adult beginning skater here. I wear a pair of black leggings to practice in, which I pull down over the top of my boots. About half an hour in, though, they have ridden up and leave my skates totally bare. It feels a bit uncomfortable. Is there a way to keep leggings down for a cleaner look? Or skating-specific leggings I should be looking at? Thank you!

icejo

Rinkside
I highly recommend Mondor leggings, which are skating-specific. Many of their designs are made to be pulled over boots. One of my pairs even has an inbuilt "grip strip" which helps the leggings stay over my boots.

vlaurend

Final Flight
Whatever brand you buy, they need to be made to be pulled down over skates. Regular leggings are going to ride up.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Wear skating specific only tights/leggings.

You can also put long leg warmers over that pull down over boot and heel. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For a cheaper solution, you could get two strips of fabric and sew them to the hem of the leggings, one either side. Add velcro and bada-bing-bada-bip you got a strap that you can fasten under your boot to keep them down.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I don't know how tall you are, so I don't know if you'd be able to, but they'd probably stay on if you can find a pair that's way too long. Mine almost reach my toes, so they'd have to defy gravity to come off my boots. :laugh:

Thank you for all the suggestions! I am currently living in the Czech Republic, and it looks like Mondor is a bit rare here. Anyone happen to know EU sites I could buy skate leggings online from? (or even better, in-store!) :)