How to not destroy my skates | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How to not destroy my skates

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
For those who use Transpacks, or similar open mesh bags: What happens when you get caught in a downpour? Do your skates get soaked? I used to use a tote bag. But one day, it was pouring when the session ended. I asked the cleaning lady for a large plastic trash bag, and placed my tote in that to keep all my gear dry. I now use a general purpose gym bag. There are outside mesh pockets, but the center compartment zips up completely in case of heavy rain.

wobblepro

Rinkside
For those who use Transpacks, or similar open mesh bags: What happens when you get caught in a downpour? Do your skates get soaked? I used to use a tote bag. But one day, it was pouring when the session ended. I asked the cleaning lady for a large plastic trash bag, and placed my tote in that to keep all my gear dry. I now use a general purpose gym bag. There are outside mesh pockets, but the center compartment zips up completely in case of heavy rain.
Hmm, sounds like it may be a good idea for me to stuff a garbage bag in my transpack when it arrives, for just this eventuality.

wobblepro

Rinkside

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States

I do have to walk from the parking lot, across a street, and up to the rink entrance (which is under an overhang).

When it rains I don't sling the bag over my shoulder as a backpack.
Instead I keep it in front of me and kind of "hug it close." If it's raining really hard I'll throw something over it as I walk. Really though, no problems.