2018 Champs Camp | Golden Skate

2018 Champs Camp

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the final list of attendees out? I heard Jimmy Ma will be there?

I’ve never seen an actual “list”; part of the fun is looking at the group photo to see who’s there. (Although since Jason & Tarah and Danny will miss at least part of the Camp for Caroline and Grant’s wedding, I don’t know if they might miss the photo:confused:)

Ashley included Jimmy on her IG stories about Team Cain heading to COS.

chameleon

On the Ice
Champs Camp runs from the 18th to the 23rd this year. There's no list out, we just found out that Jimmy Ma will be attending from Ashley Cain's instagram stories.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84102

Halfway down the page it tells you about Champs Camp and how long it really is. They arrive the first day or so (18-19th) and then camp starts with dinner, speakers etc. They debut programs in the few days after and team building and it’s over after that usually.

lurkz2

On the Ice
http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84102

Halfway down the page it tells you about Champs Camp and how long it really is. They arrive the first day or so (18-19th) and then camp starts with dinner, speakers etc. They debut programs in the few days after and team building and it’s over after that usually.

Thanks for the link @Ic3Rabbit.

@el henry I seem to recall Jason blogging about Champs Camp last year. Looking forward to all the clips and news about all my favorite skaters after a looong summer break, only I don’t know how the loss of Ice Network will affect the coverage of Champs Camp for a regular fan like me.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I don’t know how the loss of Ice Network will affect the coverage of Champs Camp for a regular fan like me.

Happy to say that as of a couple of weeks ago, Lynn Rutherford was planning to attend Champs Camp to conduct interviews for USFS Fan Zone -- and I assume that the plan remains in effect.

That said, IIRC, she generally did not write articles for IN that were based solely on Champs Camp? Instead she would weave her reporting from Champs Camp organically into various early-season articles for IN.
Do not know whether the same will be true in her work for Fan Zone.

In any case, I think that it is worth staying tuned (as always :)) to Lynn's Twitter and Instagram posts.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

mrrice

Record Breaker
Have the skaters arrived? I'm getting so excited for this event to begin. I wonder how Jason looks after training with Brian and hanging out with all those stars. It has to have being in that environment.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Have the skaters arrived? I'm getting so excited for this event to begin. I wonder how Jason looks after training with Brian and hanging out with all those stars. It has to have being in that environment.

Bradie is there already. USFSA posted on IG TV a video of her in a photoshoot!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Jason will be arriving late as he is the rumored best man at Grant and Caroline's wedding this weekend. He and Tarah and Danny are all there now.

Andrea82

Medalist
Manta/Johnson have arrived. No surprise as there was literally no other Senior team left in International Selection Pool still without 2 GP assignments for the Skate America Ice Dance TDB host pick

mrrice

Record Breaker
Manta/Johnson have arrived. No surprise as there was literally no other Senior team left in International Selection Pool still without 2 GP assignments for the Skate America Ice Dance TDB host pick

Do we have any strong pairs coming up? Are Haven and her partner Brendan the only promising team?