Another Pairs Roller Skating masterpiece | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Another Pairs Roller Skating masterpiece

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
It was cool to get to hang out with them! Because the seats were unnumbered we also had an agreement on getting the same seats every day, which was particularly useful on the gala day (the only mad rush in the end). It was also funny to get to meet the reigning world champion in men in both roller and figure skating on the same day!

E

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Going back to this thread to share homevideo of their new short program https://youtu.be/4o7VwLIOlWM
This was basically a test skate for them (Nationals are scheduled not earlier than July) and she' s coming back from a bad knee injury so not in full form yet. But this has potential to become another great program from them. Innovative, intricate moves... they are always pushing the boundaries of this sport!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Outstanding. I wonder if they could ice skate as well? I could see this program done on figure skates. thanks

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Can they roller skate on ice? Because it would be really cool if they can get more exposure in one of these ice shows.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Outstanding. I wonder if they could ice skate as well? I could see this program done on figure skates. thanks

I believe so. With some practice they could achieve high level just like Matteo Guarise did. Many roller skaters have been involved in ice show recently in Italy. I'm thinking of the Plushenko and Kostner show in Bologna last May: all group numbers were performed by roller skaters. They didn't show very difficult elements of course but they were confortable enough on the blades (iirc the most difficult element shown was a 2axel). Btw, World Roller Games are on stage these days in Barcelona. And the guys I have been talking about in this thread have very good chances to become Senior Pair and Senior Men, Senior Lady World Champions in this competition! Streaming and videos can be found at rollergames.tv (just check the 'Artistic' section of the website) :)

Sk8swan

On the Ice
http://rollergames.tv/video/?videoId=e-9758 here is video of the Pairs Short program.
Very original program from Rebecca&Luca, I wish there were more 'unusual' music choices on the ice pair skaters too �� Great skate, too bad for the lost synch in the sbs spins which rarely happens to them.
I also enjoyed the youngster couple of Alice & Federico, competing for the first time at senior level. She's got quite some personality! ��

Sk8swan

On the Ice
...and she did it: in her first year as senior Rebecca wins the Ladies World title... one done, one to go!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Great skates, shame roller skating isn't a sport included in the Summer Olympics.