Edea Ice Fly - how to identify the width of a boot | Golden Skate

Edea Ice Fly - how to identify the width of a boot

christy

On the Ice
Can anyone tell me how to identify the width of an Edea Ice Fly boot please? The sole of the boot only shows the size / length. I just got a new pair that are supposed to be the same size and width as my old pair but they feel so narrow, and when I measure them they actually are narrower by quite a bit (over 1cm) so I'm trying to work out if my old pair just stretched over time or if the new pair are actually the wrong width.

hanca

Record Breaker
As far as I am aware, while other manufacturers sell various widths of their boots, Edea makes only one width and claims that it will fit to eveyone. I am not sure how is that supposed to work. I used to have beginners Edea boots but even though my foot is generally quite narrow, the boot was far too narrow for me and at first I frequently got cramps because too narrow boot can cut off your blood circulation. I survived in those boots for about a year but felt relieved when I ordered custom made boots with another manufacturer.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me how to identify the width of an Edea Ice Fly boot please? The sole of the boot only shows the size / length. I just got a new pair that are supposed to be the same size and width as my old pair but they feel so narrow, and when I measure them they actually are narrower by quite a bit (over 1cm) so I'm trying to work out if my old pair just stretched over time or if the new pair are actually the wrong width.
<<Emphasis added>> Where are you measuring them? The uppers of a boot can be stretched out, but the sole and heel of a boot can't. One cm is a substantial difference.

Nimyue

On the Ice
As far as I am aware, while other manufacturers sell various widths of their boots, Edea makes only one width and claims that it will fit to eveyone. I am not sure how is that supposed to work. I used to have beginners Edea boots but even though my foot is generally quite narrow, the boot was far too narrow for me and at first I frequently got cramps because too narrow boot can cut off your blood circulation. I survived in those boots for about a year but felt relieved when I ordered custom made boots with another manufacturer.

They actually come in 4 widths, B, C, D, and E.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland

This is not true. They make a variety of widths. I'm in B, which is narrow. Not all the widths are readily available in the US but the standard range definitely is.

christy

On the Ice
<<Emphasis added>> Where are you measuring them? The uppers of a boot can be stretched out, but the sole and heel of a boot can't. One cm is a substantial difference.

I'm measuring around the front of the boot, so across the top, underneath, then up the other side and the difference is just over 1cm. Both boots are the same length and supposed to be the same width (C) but the new ones seem very narrow and I don't recall having width issues with the first pair. I've tried boot heaters and bags of rice etc. plus wearing the new boots with thicker socks but so far they are refusing to stretch.

christy

On the Ice
I'm trying to work out if the width is actually written somewhere on the boot like it is with Jacksons etc.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I'm trying to work out if the width is actually written somewhere on the boot like it is with Jacksons etc.

On my Concertos, the width has been added as a sticker next to the size on the sole. Maybe the sticker fell off. Doesn't seem like a great system.

christy

On the Ice
On my Concertos, the width has been added as a sticker next to the size on the sole. Maybe the sticker fell off. Doesn't seem like a great system.

There's no sign of a sticker, and as you say it's not a great system as any stickers they do put on will fall off at some point.