Skaters that you prefer their SP's/SD's over their FS/FD's? | Golden Skate

Skaters that you prefer their SP's/SD's over their FS/FD's?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am a great fan of Davis and White, so I generally liked whatever they skated to. But I think I can technically put them in this category...

Because, for me, nothing was ever better than Giselle. I loved every moment of it, and I think their WC delivery of this program ranks among the very best ice dance performances ever. Sometimes in slack moments I'll watch it several times in a row. Their Bollywood program (was it Original Dance in those days?) is right up there, too.

For the past two years, I've liked Nathan Chen's SP's more than his long.

I like Kolyada's SP's very much. I tend to lose interest in his long programs - but I can say that for many skaters.

I liked Sasha Cohen's SP's better, because... well... they were shorter. I can only hold my breath for so long.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Tarasova and Morozov are usually strong in their SP. They nail the big elements without any doubts. But in 4 years there was not even one convincing FS.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva 2017. I preferred River Flows in You over Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Caro- Beautiful skater who struggles a lot with her free programs, her short program at worlds this year was breathtaking. I hope she gets to skate at least one clean free program this season (seems it'll likely will be her last one :( )

Satoko- I love, love her skating but I can't stan her jumps, so the less jumps there are, the better.

Keiji- Watching his free programs gives me so much stress, I hope he manages to be clean this season.

Rippon- I don't know why exactly, I just enjoy more his short programs. I will definitely miss his personality on the ice, such a fun skater to watch.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Sasha is the only that comes to mind, not because she had bad LP programs but because... you know why, she never skated well there :noshake:

Ksenia Makarova is another skater that was brilliant in the short, awful in the long.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Nathan Chen has composition and interpretation weaknesses that are much more glaring in his free programs. He also just feels more "on" in his short programs.

andromache

Record Breaker
Sui/Han tend to have slightly better SPs than LPs - Bridge Over Troubled Water might be the exception, but I know a lot of people preferred Blues for Klook.

Shibs and V/M are two teams that excel in the SD over other teams. For most teams, the FD far outshines the SD, but this isn't the case for Shibs and V/M.

Nathan Chen's LPs look like jump drills. His SPs are stellar when clean.

FSLover17

On the Ice
I really like Yuna Kim's free skates but I tend to prefer her short programs to her free skates. Tango de Roxanne, Bond, Send in the Clowns and obviously Danse Macabre are all among my favourite CoP short programs.

pohatta

On the Ice
Kiira Korpi was definitely a SP skater. She got three Europeans medals although her LP was never in the top 3.

Michelle Kwan. She had memorable long programs, but many of her short programs were perfect gems. I could single out Romanza , Carmen, Rachmaninov, Eric Clapton, East of Eden, The Feeling Begins. Lori Nichols was a master of this form.