Daniel Grassl | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daniel Grassl

npavel

On the Ice
CS Inge Solar Memorial - Alpen Trophy 2018 FS: 4Lz<(-1.56), 4Lo called clean, 3A, 3Lo+3T / 3Lz+3T 3F(edge warning)+1Eu+3S, 3Lz
TES 80,68 + PCS 66,40= TOT 147.08 in the FS.
With yesterdays skate 83,42 + 147.08 = 230,50

https://youtu.be/GvjSWhBDyMs

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
:dance2:

I'm already hyped for the europeans and the junior worlds :yahoo:

LRK

Record Breaker
He did so well! There is this… stillness to his skating that is quite mesmerising. Nothing flustered or hurried, one cannot take one's eyes off him.

Good luck in the free.:)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Great congrats to Daniel, impressive european debut :hpull:

Go catch a medal at the JWR !!! :cheer2:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yes, he was a surprise.

Good to see FS is still strong in Italy. Are skaters usually from Ticino/Southern Tirol and speak German?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
There's a part of them, for sure, but more on the other winter sports, like ski.
At the olympics, almost half of all the italian athletes were from Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol.

About skating, the rinks are mostly on the nord, but the major schools are spread between the northern regions. There's also roller skating, Italy is competitive on that, so sometimes that can get some athletes, like Guarise, to switch to ice after some major result on the rollers.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Great congrats to Daniel, impressive european debut :hpull:

Go catch a medal at the JWR !!! :cheer2:

i'm betting on him for jwr

There's a part of them, for sure, but more on the other winter sports, like ski.
At the olympics, almost half of all the italian athletes were from Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol.

About skating, the rinks are mostly on the nord, but the major schools are spread between the northern regions. There's also roller skating, Italy is competitive on that, so sometimes that can get some athletes, like Guarise, to switch to ice after some major result on the rollers.

i din't know about guarise!

Sk8swan

On the Ice
just a couple of days to daniel's debut on a big international event!

https://scarletwonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/rupaul-drinking-game.gif

i'm betting on him for jwr

i din't know about guarise!

And probably even less people know that Daniel's coach Lorenzo Magri has a roller skating background too ;)
He didn't compete at the highest level like Matteo did (World champion in pairs) but still... and he is from Bologna where lots of roller champions come from, like Federico Degli Esposti (some might remember him on ice too back in 2007-09) or current world pair champion Rebecca Tarlazzi just to name a few. Matteo himself comes from Rimini, another 'famous' city for roller skating, expecially pairs... ok enough with the off topic... LOL