Thread: 2018-19 British figure skating

Medalist

1 Not allowed!

GBR 2018-19 British figure skating

A rise on the way? Or the same as before?
    Great Britain has talented skaters but they seem to be missing some very important things.
    This thread is for them. Hopefully we see a rise soon! Or at least a 60+ sp score!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    There have been several at JGP and out of all of them the most impressive was, to me, Anna Litvinenko.

https://youtu.be/5GHrbNi4GOU

Objectively I can see her technical skills need work but I can see she’s going in the right direction by trying difficult moves.

I think the biggest shame in GBR figure skating is, outside of Ice Dance, it seems like skaters aren’t even attempting to get higher technical scores even though that’s where the sport has moved to after the demise of the 6.0 system. Until talented skaters like Natasha McKay really start pushing their boundaries GBR won’t be competitive.

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    On the 29th of October not one but two (!!) British Ice Dance couples will be competing at Skate America. Fear/Gibson and Tweedale/Buckland have stiff competition but I think if their recent scores mean anything then they could both be in the top six with some luck.

F/G’s Free is just so charming I really think they could hit a total score of 190+ if they really knock it out of the park.

(I know this isn’t strictly ladies skating but considering this thread has lay dormant I think I might be forgiven for expanding it to all GBR skaters?)

Tripping on the Podium La Rhumba's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSQ View Post

F/G’s Free is just so charming I really think they could hit a total score of 190+ if they really knock it out of the park.
    Where are you getting 190 from?

They've just achieved their highest ISU FD score of 103.31, but their Tango RD needs some improvement, which hopefully they'll have done before SA.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I meant 190 total score! Yeah 190 for just the free would be crazy! Idk it would be a stretch for them but I think by the end of the season if they keep improving it is possible. Difficult for sure considering they’re only sitting at 160+ right now but I see the potential for them to reach it if they really work for it. Crazier things have happened!

I totally agree their Tango RD is their weak link so far, but being based in Montreal hopefully they’re working on it.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Really looking forward to seeing both teams at SA - for me though, Fear/Gibson have it for the FD, one of my favourites of all the seniors so far. Their RD isn't quite clicking for me yet though.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    This is such a golden opportunity for them to make a mark, I just can’t wait!

I really really hope Eurosport air SA live.