2018-19 British figure skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-19 British figure skating

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so I wanted to post this comment this morning as well, but a BT van arrived to work at the phone lines just after I posted my question about Shelley Kerr, and so the internet was down.

But, everything is back working again now, so here we go back to talking skating!

I couldn’t believe the Roller Adagio Pair didn’t at least make the top 3. :noshake:

Now that the series is over, the full results of each of the live shows has been revealed. And Rosie & Adam (they ditched the “Rollabatics” name, presumably for copyright reasons) weren’t that far off getting into the Top 3 of Semi Final 1 - they finished 4[SUP]th[/SUP].

Here is the video of their Semi-Final routine (unfortunately, it is just the routine itself - you don’t even get the judges comments!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AcY9bOtfec

Have to say, I am not happy with this year’s series of Britain’s Got Talent. There were too many acts going out trying to get the sympathy vote - including quite a few acts that were good enough to do well on merit and did not need to go down the emotional blackmail route.

And there were also too many professional acts that were letting on that they weren’t. Just look at the Wikipedia page for this series and you’ll be surprised at just how many of the acts already had their own Wikipedia pages with ample lists of things they had been in before.

For Rosie & Adam, they admitted in their introduction to their Semi-Final appearance that their background was on the ice. However, there was still no mention of what all Adam did with his previous partner. But, we shouldn’t hold that against them. After all, the focus should be on the current partnership, not any past partnerships.

The fact that they only just missed out on the Top 3 shows that there are a lot of people who would like Pairs skating if only they got to see it. So, hopefully the governing bodies of the ice and roller sides of the sport will be pro-active and jump on this, using Rosie & Adam’s success as a means of promoting Pairs skating.

Let’s face it, Zoe and Chris won’t be competing forever. So, we need to attract more people to the sport now before they start thinking about retirement.

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I totally agree there were far too many Novelty acts on BGT this year. If you haven't got a dog or aren't in Uniform, don't expect to win seems to be the message from the GBP, not denigrating the lives and great causes of those acts, but they're not really an Entertainment act for a Variety show.

I was disappointed for Mark McMullan, where did he come in the Final vote? He's probably the best singer that's ever been on the show, with a stunning voice. And the dancing duo Libby & Charlie, who gained tremendous spring and height in their leaps with bare feet! They were proper acts and had the talent.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I totally agree there were far too many Novelty acts on BGT this year. If you haven't got a dog or aren't in Uniform, don't expect to win seems to be the message from the GBP, not denigrating the lives and great causes of those acts, but they're not really an Entertainment act for a Variety show.

I was disappointed for Mark McMullan, where did he come in the Final vote? He's probably the best singer that's ever been on the show, with a stunning voice. And the dancing duo Libby & Charlie, who gained tremendous spring and height in their leaps with bare feet! They were proper acts and had the talent.

Mark was 7[SUP]th[/SUP] in the final. I didn't expect him to be in the Top 3, but I did think he would be higher than he got. He certainly deserved to be higher than the primary school kids that finished a place above him in 6[SUP]th[/SUP].

One of the biggest disappointments for me was where Libby and Charlie finished in the Final - 10[SUP]th[/SUP] place! I honestly expected them to be Top 5, if not in contention for a podium place. Although I did think their Semi Final routine was a bit "too old" for them, I thought they were great every time we saw them. And they are just so adorable!

My biggest disappointment was where 4MG finished. They were my choice to win the Final. Instead, they finished last. Their performance did not deserve to be anywhere near the bottom half of the results. They deserved to be Top 3 at the worst!

But, hey, that's just my opinion.

CaroLiza_fan