2018-19 British figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 British figure skating

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ah! I must I gotten mixed up. Thank you!

This is good and it makes me very nervous for tomorrow! xD

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Eleanor Hirst and Anthony Currie came 9th overall in the Bavarian Open senior ice dance, scoring 48.20 + 78.10 = 126.40
It seems to be their personal best :)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Eleanor Hirst and Anthony Currie came 9th overall in the Bavarian Open senior ice dance, scoring 48.20 + 78.10 = 126.40
It seems to be their personal best :)

Well done them! Hopefully see them at more events next season!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I guess that means next season will be his last Junior season? I hope he gets back on his feet soon!

According to PJ Hallam he will, along side Graham Newberry and Harry Mattick, be competing in the Challenge Cup on the 24th of February in the Netherlands. He’s not in the entry list yet but it looks like this is the last chance for a Senior Man to qualify for Worlds.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yeah, I thought he looked really flat and down in the K&C at Oberstdorf, even though he skated really well, and only missed one triple. What is the FS minimum for Worlds?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
64 and at Obersdorf he got 59.76. I feel really bad for Graham though he got 63.9 at a previous competition, so close.

Quite rightly if Graham gets a 64 TES in the Netherlands then he should go as British Champion but PJ (and Harry considering he does have a 4T so that’ll help him if he can go clean...) has a rare chance here to go to his first World Championships. I just wish them all the best of luck! 🤞🏽

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
64 and at Obersdorf he got 59.76. I feel really bad for Graham though he got 63.9 at a previous competition, so close.

Oh no! That's the final triple he popped, think it would've been the Lutz, so landed clean would've definitely made 64.

Graham is capable of so much more. He was landing a Quad Salchow in training 2 seasons ago, but has yet to include it in competition.

Have finally finished uploading all my British Championships videos, including Medal Ceremonies (mostly Dance). :medal"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ2sXOH_HXudEQwDSXJseuw?view_as=subscriber

The Commentary in parts is even more embarrassing in retrospect. I still don't know who the Dance bloke was, but fingers crossed he's not invited back next year. Apart from not even knowing Fear & Gibson trained in Montreal, he mumbled and just repeated what others said. :rolleye:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Ah! That’s annoying poor PJ!

Yeah I just picked something from random on my phone. It’s a popular yogurt drink you can get everywhere in Beijing. My friend and I got it when I visited her and we went to Beihai (北海; North Sea) park.

I’ll probably change it soon! xD

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yeah I just picked something from random on my phone. It’s a popular yogurt drink you can get everywhere in Beijing. My friend and I got it when I visited her and we went to Beihai (北海; North Sea) park.

I’ll probably change it soon! xD

Nooo, don't change it, I love it! How amazing you went to Beijing! I love yogurt drinks, big fan of Ayran (being born in Cyprus). :)

So I asked Pippa Towler-Green on Twitter who her co-commentator was on the Dance, and it was Paul Dredge. I was none the wiser, but after googling, I see he competed at Junior level, and was coached by the Phillips's at Bracknell, winning British Junior Bronze in 2013 with Charlotte Dyson. I have no memory of this couple at all, maybe you have? Here's a video of them skating in a JGP at Courchevel in 2012. I think I must've been watching the London Olympics and not cottoned on to the JGP yet.

https://youtu.be/uqe8jvYHows

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I was an Olympics viewer only back in 2012 unfortunately so I’d not heard of them.

I actually discovered recently that they held the 2000-1 JGP Finials in Ayr! I wish I could go back in time and have been there!

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I actually discovered recently that they held the 2000-1 JGP Finials in Ayr! I wish I could go back in time and have been there!

Yes, my friend was a volunteer for it, as her daughter skated at the rink. I've got a VHS video of the Gala, if ever I can work out how, I'll upload it YouTube. Belbin & Agosto won the Dance. Also they held the British Championships in Ayr, my friend kindly sent videos of it all. Lewis Gibson started at Ayr rink, but not until 2006.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I’m sure some of the skaters who where there would love to see it but it’s quite difficult to transfer VHS to MP4 unfortunately...

I’ve never been to the Ayr rink myself but the West of Scotland school seems very popular.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Ladies

I would like to see Karly go to World's. I think this is probably her last opportunity as she's 29, and she has a 3+3 and harder triple jumps. Will be difficult for Tash to qualify for the FS, accepting her higher PCS potential.

Come next season, Kristen Spours will be Senior, and she does the 3Lutz, and is improving her presentation all the time.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
You make a good argument. I would’ve liked to see Karly go as well if only for the fact her seasons best is just outside the top 50 and much higher than any other British ladies skater. However Natasha has already reached the TES minimums for Worlds so it’s not as up in the air as it is with the men.

Natasha has said that she plans on debuting a new element at worlds so we can only hope that she is pushing the envelope technical wise because she is an amazing performer. Her FS is really really good.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Well the dust has settled and with the conclusion of the Challenge Cup PJ Hallam has gained the minimum TES to go to the World Championships!

His form in the latter half of this season has really improved! I’m gutted for Graham though, he fought hard but it wasn’t to be. Harry showed he really is a gifted performer but those jumps... 😖 I’m rooting for him though!

Next up Karly to skate in the senior ladies!