2018-19 British figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 British figure skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Loved to see Hallam doing so well. And his exuberant excitement afterwards.

25th after the SP, he must just be a little disappointed with his marks, though there is a 6 points gap ....

But is he 1st reserve for the FS? There still might be a small chance to see him again in the FS.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Is that how it works? I thought if a skater withdraws from the Free they don’t get replaced?

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just received 4 emails from YouTube! Fuji TV have put in copyright claims on my Worlds videos, and are being blocked in Japan, but are still up, and hopefully will remain so. Honestly, it's all British skaters from the Eurosport No Commentary feed, so if it gets taken down, we all might aswell give up trying to follow skating. :disapp:

wolfskater

Spectator
La Rhumba,

Many thanks for posting the videos. Have been a worlds for the last two years but Saitama was just a bit too far to go.

Great to see Zoe and Christopher, and Natasha and PJ skating so well and obviously enjoying the experience. Disappointed that PJ didn’t make the final but impressed that Natasha beat so many good skaters to get through.

Wolfskater

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
La Rhumba,

Many thanks for posting the videos. Have been a worlds for the last two years but Saitama was just a bit too far to go.

Great to see Zoe and Christopher, and Natasha and PJ skating so well and obviously enjoying the experience. Disappointed that PJ didn’t make the final but impressed that Natasha beat so many good skaters to get through.

Wolfskater

You're welcome Wolfskater. I've recorded Natasha's Free & Lilah & Lewis's RD, but will hold off from uploading incase Fuji TV complains to YouTube again and they delete my channel. That happened to me once before, about 12 years ago, and it's a horrible thing. The BBC iPlayer will be showing all the Free Programs for those without Eurosport, so they're available there for GB fans.

Just found this lovely interview with Zoe & Chris. :)

https://youtu.be/nPcXRh6cF_M

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
13th in only their second ever worlds is something to be really proud of. Well done Lilah and Lewis!

What do you think are the odds of them getting two GP spots next season? As far as I know only the top 12th are guaranteed.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
13th in only their second ever worlds is something to be really proud of. Well done Lilah and Lewis!

3rd, 2017,2018,2019. Penny & Nick withdrew from Worlds last season.

It's their first time qualifying for the FD. :hap57:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I'm watching the BBC stream (though wish they'd explain why they only broadcast the free, I'd have LOVED robin's commentary for the men's SP!) and they just discussed how Lewis Gibson only started skating at age 11, after watching it on Dancing on Ice! And skated singles till 2015 and only knows 3 compulsory dances!! And without being biased, I really think he's a particularly good male ice dancer as well. Generally when I watch ice dance I do find myself more drawn to watching the ladies and not as focused on the men. But Lewis seems to have this really special quality to his movements and I often find myself focused on him! I think it's pretty amazing how far he's come in such a short space of time! I genuinely cannot wait to watch them over the coming seasons!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm watching the BBC stream (though wish they'd explain why they only broadcast the free, I'd have LOVED robin's commentary for the men's SP!)

I am a total idiot.

I spent 2 hours this morning watching the World Feed stream of the Free Dance with awful audio on the Eurosport Player. And it was only after I had got into the partnerships that were shown on the TV highlights (and so was able to piece them together with the full coverage) that I remembered that the BBC showed the whole thing!

:bang: :bang: :bang:

I could have been watching their coverage with decent audio up to then! :drama: :bang:

And when I did put it on, I have discovered that Penny and Nick were in the commentary box alongside Robin and Kat!!! :drama: :bang:

Right. Methinks I will have to go back and watch those 2 hours again at some stage before it expires. Because it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about, well, everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved to see Hallam doing so well. And his exuberant excitement afterwards.

25th after the SP, he must just be a little disappointed with his marks, though there is a 6 points gap ....

But is he 1st reserve for the FS? There still might be a small chance to see him again in the FS.

He's totally my favorite. Jackie Wong was even tweeting about him. https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1108637661848174592

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I don’t think he does. He’s said in the post that he funds himself through coaching and acting mostly. However if he does start one I’ll make sure post it here.

Zoe Jones & Chris Boyadji however do have a Go Fund Me if anyone is interested in contributing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
He's totally my favorite. Jackie Wong was even tweeting about him. https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1108637661848174592

I tweeted a throwback of him this morning.

https://twitter.com/Huriye/status/1111205173261680645

His latest ad is being released, though not in America. In the past he's done a couple of commercials skating in costume - hence his Twitter handle YetiPJ - or as a skating double for an actor. I think in this latest ad for pants we'll actually see PJ's face for once! :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don’t think he does. He’s said in the post that he funds himself through coaching and acting mostly. However if he does start one I’ll make sure post it here.

Zoe Jones & Chris Boyadji however do have a Go Fund Me if anyone is interested in contributing. :)

GS does not allow fundraisers in The Edge, but it does allow them in Fan Fests.

Chris and Zoe's fan fest is here:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57627

I have added the funding link to their OP.

Last edited: