Rink job, suitable skates | Golden Skate

Rink job, suitable skates

PBSkater

Spectator
Hello everybody,

I used to be an figure skater for 3 and a half years, and then started synchro skating, then quit for 1 year. I dont plan to ever take lessons and spin and jump again, but I am needing casual work (since I’m now an equestrian, I found my heart there) and found an application for a party host, which literally means putting out games on the ice for little kids, and teaching them how to basic skate and hold their hands....I know easily how to skate and perform all my singles (maybe not the axel) and I sold my previous skates and just needing a pair of skates to work on. I want a pair of edea ice flys, new or second hand. I know you can never be overbooted in Edeas, and breaking in skates shouldn’t be too tricky. What are your thoughts??

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have "work skates" for when I'm teaching and assisting on the public sessions.
If you're going to be with working with kids and beginner skaters do not spend a lot of money on a high-end pair of boots. Scared little kids tend to grab at your arms and then their toepicks kick your boot. My boots have all kinds of kick marks.

Do get a decent pair of boots so you have support if you're going be on your skates for few hours. I have also found that wearing knee-high support hose helps keep my legs from getting sore and tired.

Maybe you can get a decent used pair that would serve your purpose; that's what I did. Found a good used pair of Jacksons.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
My first instinct is to say you should get fitted and maybe look at coach's skates. Coaching models are typically made for long-term comfort, but any pair of boots that fits correctly will offer this, too. Edeas wouldn't be a horrible idea if they fit you correctly, as they're pretty comfortable to stand around in. Before you invest in Ice Flies though I would absolutely advise you heavily to see if theyre a good fit for you by trying them on. I was in Pianos for a bit, chosen because I hated Ice Flies. When you get to that level of support the shaping of the boot is very particular.