Stolbova and Klimov split / retirement | Golden Skate

Stolbova and Klimov split / retirement

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Not too surprised given their struggles with consistency in the last several years. Stolbova is still one of the most expressive ladies pair skaters there is. I think she could find a partner and still be competitive both internationally and domestically in Russia, but it's understandable if she just wants to retire.

andromache

Record Breaker
I think there were rumors to this effect on twitter and/or the pair thread earlier in the summer.

Such a shame. The couple who exuded so much joy and potential during their 2014 Addams Family LP in Sochi kind of faded away (though they had moments of greatness throughout the past quad, like GPF 2015).

Klimov has had a lot of injuries over the past few years, right? Or was it both of them struggling with injury? I agree that Stolbova could continue and probably be successful with whoever she wants as long as she is healthy and motivated - but she might not be.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Given the rumours and silence, kind of expected. Who else wants to see Stolbova team up with Bilodeau?

lyndichee

Medalist
Given the rumours and silence, kind of expected. Who else wants to see Stolbova team up with Bilodeau?

That doesn't sound great to me at all. Their styles would clash.

The only person I can think of as a viable partner right now would Andrei Deputat but I am not sure if he retired. Oh and Alexandr Zaboev might be up for it.

andromache

Record Breaker
That doesn't sound great to me at all. Their styles would clash.

The only person I can think of as a viable partner right now would Andrei Deputat but I am not sure if he retired. Oh and Alexandr Zaboev might be up for it.

DEPUTAT :love::love::love:

(All I remember is that he is a mega babe and his last partner was not great at all.)

Let's put Ksenia and Deputat together. And have Moskvina coach.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Hmmm, didn't she teased with a skating video with an unknown partner months ago? How is than for her so unknown the split? :confused:

I wish both of them success in the future. I liked them as a team a lot. Her fire, his calm worked well. I will miss them.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Expected. I really really hope Ksenia will find a new partner and shine again because she is brilliant!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I wasn't always a fan of their skating at the beginning (although I liked Addams Family!) but these two really grew on me in the last season or two. They'll always get props from me for the first SBS 3+3 and always bringing the drama on and off the ice. Hopefully Ksenia can get inspiration from someone like Aliona and still produce more sassy, brilliant programs.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Going to be hard to find someone to keep up with her SS-wise though. Good luck to them both in the future.

Nightcrawler

On the Ice
That makes me sad. I was a huge fan of their skating (I just had to close my eyes during their split triple twist), I've always thought they stood out for all the right reasons and they were one of the few pairs who dared skate to unconventional and darker pieces (their 2015-16 program to The Unknown Known soundtrack was a masterpiece for the ages IMHO).
I'll sure miss them.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Their skating/programmes lately were just pure avangarde. Nobody came close to them in terms of originality. Sayonara.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Stolbova always was far above Klimov in talent and ability. If Stolbova could find a partner close to her level, she could achieve great things.

gmyers

Record Breaker
So horrible sad and I’m very disappointed because it’s all from that one moment in 2015 when they skipped worlds to avoid being beaten by d/r.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

not me... she would eat him alive... or is that what people want because he dumped julianne? you guys are :devil: