Stolbova and Klimov split / retirement | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Stolbova and Klimov split / retirement

LadyB

Record Breaker
It is different to be interested and not be able to do the work (from heqlth reasons or any other reasons) as you suggested, but she admitted that she is not interested in T/M!

The expression 'not interested' is again subject to a) Google translation and b) our interpretation. It's like the Danya example I gave above.

I see it as they are no longer her problem, as they need attention that she can't give them anymore. Like I also said, Vovan said in a recent interview that they would still consult Mozer if they were unsure about something.
As it turned out, they seem to be working well with Trankov, who himself said he wasn't sure whether he would be a good coach or not as he never did this before. He feels good now, since so far, everything goes according to plan.

Anyway, by the end of the day, it doesn't matter how we interpret things, but what is actually happening to the people that are really involved in this. I personally want TM for World Champs, Ksenia to be successful with Novoselov and Fedor to become the Orser of Pair Skating. And I hopefully see all of them at Rostelecom. :yahoo:

I'll leave it at that. I made my point. I don't know about you, folks, but I'm looking forward to a w/e of four (!) skating events! :popcorn:

hanca

Record Breaker
The expression 'not interested' is again subject to a) Google translation and b) our interpretation. It's like the Danya example I gave above.

I see it as they are no longer her problem, as they need attention that she can't give them anymore. Like I also said, Vovan said in a recent interview that they would still consult Mozer if they were unsure about something.
As it turned out, they seem to be working well with Trankov, who himself said he wasn't sure whether he would be a good coach or not as he never did this before. He feels good now, since so far, everything goes according to plan.

Anyway, by the end of the day, it doesn't matter how we interpret things, but what is actually happening to the people that are really involved in this. I personally want TM for World Champs, Ksenia to be successful with Novoselov and Fedor to become the Orser of Pair Skating. And I hopefully see all of them at Rostelecom. :yahoo:

I'll leave it at that. I made my point. I don't know about you, folks, but I'm looking forward to a w/e of four (!) skating events! :popcorn:
No, I didn’t read google translation. I read the original. Whatever spin you are trying to give it, you are not right.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm not spinning anything (sadly), maybe my head later tonight :laugh:

You made your point, I made mine. (I know Russian speakers from Russia too ;).
Don't take it personally, we are all free to think, interpret and believe what we want. :yes:

jajoana

On the Ice
I wonder whether it is actually you who is biased? Are you a Russian speaker or a you clinging on to Google translate?
I am definitely biased, because a am a huge fan of SK. :) And I am a native Russian speaker and what Nina Mozer sais does not sound good in Russian. I must confess that all mentioned above (Ksenia, TAT, Mozer) gave intervews which don't do them favours, let skeletons stay in cupboards. I made a short synopsis of Nina Mozer intervew just because it was discussed here (and because it was the last one I've read).
Fedor keeps silense and it's the best he could do.
Ksenia almost said that coaching team was to blame for the split. And that Fedor didn't support her.
TAT openly supported Ksenia and claimed justice for her. And she said that KN were skating like nobody else (she was speaking the same about Stasya last year, if you follow Rus junior ladies, you'll undestand me).

Waiting for Trankov to share his opinion. :drama:

Whether she tells it as it is, that's another matter. Like I said, pinch of salt. :)
I am afraid I need handful of salt this week and a bottle of tequila. Too much confessions and revealing. :laugh:

carmina

On the Ice
I am definitely biased, because a am a huge fan of SK. :) And I am a native Russian speaker and what Nina Mozer sais does not sound good in Russian. I must confess that all mentioned above (Ksenia, TAT, Mozer) gave intervews which don't do them favours, let skeletons stay in cupboards. I made a short synopsis of Nina Mozer intervew just because it was discussed here (and because it was the last one I've read).
Fedor keeps silense and it's the best he could do.
Ksenia almost said that coaching team was to blame for the split. And that Fedor didn't support her.
TAT openly supported Ksenia and claimed justice for her. And she said that KN were skating like nobody else (she was speaking the same about Stasya last year, if you follow Rus junior ladies, you'll undestand me).

Waiting for Trankov to share his opinion. :drama:

I am afraid I need handful of salt this week and a bottle of tequila. Too much confessions and revealing. :laugh:

I don't speak russian so I use google translate for Mozers interview and what I understand from it is that she blames Kseina - which I don't get why
IMO if you are pair; you are a pair so you just try to figure out your problems you can't just quit
How Fedor decided to retire by himself?
I like TAT and understand why she support her but even I like Kseina saying she skates like nobody else is little too much

All this off season drama is tiresome...:palmf:

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm not spinning anything (sadly), maybe my head later tonight :laugh:

You made your point, I made mine. (I know Russian speakers from Russia too ;).
Don't take it personally, we are all free to think, interpret and believe what we want. :yes:

Huh? So you accuse others of either misunderstanding what she said due to bad translation from google translate (even though we read the original and not the translation) or from being biased, and then you admit that you yourself ‘know Russian speakers’? So you are arguing with us about what Moser said and yet you can’t even read it for yourself! How do you know what she said if you are depending on what other people tell you? For your information, I have nothing against Moser, but her interviews at times are bizarre. And this interview is perhaps even slightly more bizarre than her usual interviews. But I am glad that you have your opinion. You have right to make any opinion you want to, but don’t let the facts stand in your way. Just change it, to fit it into whatever you want to believe.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
When I was watching sports as a kid 40 years ago, there were no Ksenias, but some Evgenias on the scene. I noticed that because I really love the name Ksenia.

Interesting. Though new names come and go... parents wanting to be unique (for a while) etc Anyway, I also like the name Ksenia.

ETA biathletes Ole Einar(NOR) and Darja(BLR) named their daugther Xenia. So there is now a little girl by the name of Xenia Bjørndalen :)

madforskating

On the Ice
I think the spelling Xenia is a Google-translate thing, that System often picks ‘phonetical’ translations and I’ve never seen it written like that in Russian texts.
The letter Х in Russian translates into KH western writing, which would pronounce the name ‘Chenia’.
Don’t know whether that is true, but I’ve read somewhere that Ksenia, like Zhenya, derives from Evgenia. Only that Ksenia is a modern version and a name in its own right, while Zhenya is always a short form (Tarasova, Medvedeva etc).
When I was watching sports as a kid 40 years ago, there were no Ksenias, but some Evgenias on the scene. I noticed that because I really love the name Ksenia.

If I have a baby girl 20 years from now and her name is Ksenia, don’t be surprised...

Rosallie

On the Ice
Do I understand correctly that even if everything goes well, we will not see Ksenia&Andrei at some competition before whole year? :( Thanks and sorry for my english. :eek::

LRK

Record Breaker
Do I understand correctly that even if everything goes well, we will not see Ksenia&Andrei at some competition before whole year? :( Thanks and sorry for my english. :eek::

I believe so. I think that he'd have to sit out the whole season, even if the French fed releases him - which, considering DG, is a big "if".

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I believe so. I think that he'd have to sit out the whole season, even if the French fed releases him - which, considering DG, is a big "if".

Why didn't Ksenia try with some skater who's from Russian Fed therefore? Like Rogonov? I mean I'd think that there are some willing & appropriate skaters in her country? Either way it'd be difficult to suddenly join in after such a short time together even with a Russian skater I guess so, I mean Pairs skating is technically difficult and skaters need to gel in & coordinate their technique first (which can be different).

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Why didn't Ksenia try with some skater who's from Russian Fed therefore? Like Rogonov? I mean I'd think that there are some willing & appropriate skaters in her country? Either way it'd be difficult to suddenly join in after such a short time together even with a Russian skater I guess so, I mean Pairs skating is technically difficult and skaters need to gel in & coordinate their technique first (which can be different).

That's what she said:

But in general, everything turned out purely by chance. I don’t think that now it is worth talking about some details of our work, since officially our pair doesn’t exist yet, but neither I nor he have doubt that we will be able to skate together. This, probably, as in any relationship: you immediately understand whether you feel comfortable with a person or not. By look, by touch, by the manner of speech, by care. And I immediately realized that I won’t look for anyone else. It is clear that we will have to change in some things, acquire new habits, but it gives pleasure. I’m starting to rethink some things. I like to feel this completely new “chemistry”, I like that the brain works again.

Via FS-Gossips

madforskating

On the Ice

I believe she tried out with Rogonov, but for some reason it didn’t work out...

madforskating

On the Ice

You are correct. We will not see them until they decide which country they will skate for. Your English is very good!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just a thought: After a conversation I had yesterday, I let my imagination run wild and, given that whatever members of the Mozer Team say in interviews (even if they call it a 'final decision' or sth like that) does not always turn out to be true, what if Fedor would currently take a two-tier approach? He could tell the public he's becoming a coach (which I'm sure he actually will eventually), but is at the same time still looking for a new partner. By closing that discussion, he would not be subjected to annoying speculation and could go about it in peace and quiet. And why not? He was adamant that his career was not over up until now. Decisions can be reversed, people come out of retirement when the circumstances fit.

Anyway, don't mind me. It's probably just a crazy fantasy. I support him with all my heart whatever he does, it's more than likely just wishful thinking...:p

- edit -

Clarification: When I say 'does not always turn out to be true', I obviously do not mean to call them nasty or deceiving. I think it's often their PR strategy to keep speculation and journalists at bay, which is understandable and absolutely fine by me. Politicians do it all the time. Once you know that's the case, you take on board what they say and keep an open mind to what might actually happen...

hanca

Record Breaker
Just a thought: After a conversation I had yesterday, I let my imagination run wild and, given that whatever members of the Mozer Team say in interviews (even if they call it a 'final decision' or sth like that) does not always turn out to be true, what if Fedor would currently take a two-tier approach? He could tell the public he's becoming a coach (which I'm sure he actually will eventually), but is at the same time still looking for a new partner. By closing that discussion, he would not be subjected to annoying speculation and could go about it in peace and quiet. And why not? He was adamant that his career was not over up until now. Decisions can be reversed, people come out of retirement when the circumstances fit.

Anyway, don't mind me. It's probably just a crazy fantasy. I support him with all my heart whatever he does, it's more than likely just wishful thinking...:p

- edit -

Clarification: When I say 'does not always turn out to be true', I obviously do not mean to call them nasty or deceiving. I think it's often their PR strategy to keep speculation and journalists at bay, which is understandable and absolutely fine by me. Politicians do it all the time. Once you know that's the case, you take on board what they say and keep an open mind to what might actually happen...
I think it would be impossible to keep it secret. In most sports one could practice without other people knowing, (e.g. if he was a runner, he could be having his own long practice runs out of people’s sight). But figure skaters can practice only at the ice rink. There is only limited number of ice rinks, so it is impossible that the skater would find a rink no one else knows about. The ice rink would need to have the standard size and have there decent coaches available. If there were decent coaches, there would be other skaters too. Figure skaters usually need to practice several hours a day, and therefore they are meeting a number of other skaters and possibly their relatives (ice skating mums who give younger children lift and sit there through their practice). I don’t know any ice skater who would have an ice rink only for themselves. So if, in theory, he was practising, we would hear about it pretty soon, the same way as we heard that Stolbova was practising with Novoselov. In 21st centuty, internet, skating forums, people with videocamera on even the most basic mobiles, it would be impossible to keep it secret. One person would mention it and it would spread within several hours.