2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Have we heard anything about Viveca Lindfors? Is her injury healed? Because Emmi Peltonen isn’t reliable enough to “take her spot”, and I would love to see some good skates at Europeans.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Have we heard anything about Viveca Lindfors? Is her injury healed? Because Emmi Peltonen isn’t reliable enough to “take her spot”, and I would love to see some good skates at Europeans.

well she got 2 gp assignments (NHK and CoC) along with Alexia Paganini, Laurine lecavalier and Loena Hendrickx wich is great, it's also great that Ekaterina Ryabova will debut on gp circuit at Rostelecom

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Do you guys think that Ekaterina Kurakova will get a Challenger this season if she finally can enter the international stage?

Agaszka

Rinkside
Do you guys think that Ekaterina Kurakova will get a Challenger this season if she finally can enter the international stage?

I think she'll get 2 JGP, bc Poland have one GP, and one spot in France and Riga. Katia is the best, so ... And yeah, CS in Warsaw or another one.
She may represent Poland from July I believe, our assassination on fb page said that it's just "formality"

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Ok, so now we’re discussing Shabotova in the European ladies thread. Cool that she switched to Ukraine, now she’ll have International opportunities. I think she’s very talented and I can’t wait for the season to begin!!

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
We should almost have a Former Russian Lady now Skating for Europe thread!!! Shabotova isn't a surprise, but really she's VERY rough and unpolished. Kurakova (POL) is way ahead of her. Who is the one for FRA, and BLR? Any more that we know of? There are going to be so many defections. I just wish that they were the REALLY good skaters, but I suppose Russia doesn't want to give them up. They're probably upset about Tursynbaeva.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Anna Kuzmenko began skating for France last season :)

Who is switching to Belarus? :think:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Ok, so now we’re discussing Shabotova in the European ladies thread. Cool that she switched to Ukraine, now she’ll have International opportunities. I think she’s very talented and I can’t wait for the season to begin!!

I'm worried the coaches will start to care less as they sort of did with Kuzmenko, when in reality they should care about these skaters considering they have more chances to compete at an international stage.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I'm worried the coaches will start to care less as they sort of did with Kuzmenko, when in reality they should care about these skaters considering they have more chances to compete at an international stage.

Are we sure they cared less? To me it seemed like she went through a massive growth spurt last season and was struggling to adjust a bit. I think the true test for her will be this season, assuming her main growth spurt is over, if she is able to stabilize her technique

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m so anxious to find out what the two Finnish ladies are skating to!!!! One is a beautiful skater but inconsistent, the other is a European bronze medalists and has the technical goods.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m so anxious to find out what the two Finnish ladies are skating to!!!! One is a beautiful skater but inconsistent, the other is a European bronze medalists and has the technical goods.

We are missing a lot of program announcements. Is it usually this late. Challengers start in less than 2 months.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
A lot of skaters will just compete their programs without announcing. Then the discussion tends to be about the actual program versus speculation about only the music choice. ISU bios will be updated just prior to athletes' specific JGP and CS events, and we will know many more programs at that point.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kurakova was quite good at Minto (easily the class of the field, though that's not saying much). She had a few hiccups, but considering she had to skate around for several minutes waiting for them to sort out a music issue, she held up extremely well. The program is nice.