2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

DenissVFan

Medalist
Viveca got the bronze, yay! IMO she deserved the silver but the bronze is still a great accomplishment.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
congrats to viveca!

Spots for next year:

3: Russia, Finland, France

2: Switzerland, Slovakia, Czech Republic

i wonder who finlad will send, do they have 3 ladies? (also thrilled for france)
It's great to see Finland with 3 spots! :)

Sad to see Italy only has 1 next year.

hopefully lucrezia beccari next year will get back the 2nd spot (and of course lara and lucrezia gennaro can always improve)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
These ladies from Finland have reached minimun TES for Euros (the list was updated last 21th january 2019) this year:

Short program:

Viveca Lindfors 36,60 Tallinn Trophy, EST 25.11.-2.12.2018
Laura Karhunen 29,97 Mentor Torun Cup, POL 9.-11.1.2019
Emmi Peltonen 29,89 Helsinki GP, HKI 12.-4.11.2018
Linnea Ceder 29,38 Mentor Torun Cup, POL 9.-11.1.2019
Jenni Saarinen 28,19 Christmas Cup, HUN 29.11.-2.1.2018
Jade Rautiainen 26,73 Denkova-Staviski Cup, BUL 27.11.-2.12.2018
Sofia Sula 26,26 Lombardia Trophy, ITA 13.-16.9.2018
Vera Stolt 24,11 Volvo Open Cup, LAT 6.-11.11.2018

Free Skate:
Viveca Lindfors 69,96 Finlandia Trophy, FIN 5.-7.10..2018
Vera Stolt 50,76 Christmas Cup, HUN 29.11.-2.1.2018
Jenni Saarinen 50,55 Christmas Cup, HUN 29.11.-2.1.2018
Emmi Peltonen 49,73 Finlandia Trophy, FIN 5.-7.10..2018
Linnea Ceder 49,70 Mentor Torun Cup, POL 9.-11.1.2019
Laura Karhunen 44,99 Mentor Torun Cup, POL 9.-11.1.2019
Sofia Sula 43,15 Lombardia Trophy, ITA 13.-16.9.2018

So there is really no problem to send 3 ladies. And then there are some juniors, who are not age eligible now, but will be and have good possibility to reach the minimum next autumn, and also some who are age eligilble, but have not yet skated at seniors competition. Viveca´s little sister is born 2004, but I don't know which month. Maybe she is anxious to improve and wants to compete with her sister? She is current national junior champion, but have not yet succeed at international competitions well.

Source: https://www.stll.fi/maajoukkue/seas...jaatanssin-ja-pariluistelun-tekniset-pisteet/

Last edited:

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Of 24 ladies qualified for FS 6 (i.e. 25%) were borned and start skating in Russia, 5 of them still live and train there. But girl who surprised me this time is Viveca. Can't keep myself from writing - she was inspiring.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I hope Caro can come back strong for Worlds. Not taking anything away from Sofia, but with the current state of the European Ladies, imo, she may be one of the few hopes (along with Liza Tukt.) for the Europeans to get on the podium. Her beautiful jumps with correct technique, superb skating quality, interpretation abilities that gets better with age, musicality, and the art that she creates on the ice has been dearly missed so far this season.

Her beautiful jumps with correct technique, superb skating quality, interpretation abilities that gets better with age, musicality, and the art that she creates on the ice has been dearly missed so far this season.
What about her toeloops in combo since the 2016-17 season?

DenissVFan

Medalist
I think it's worth mentioning that Alexandra Feigin of Bulgaria scored 193.40 points at Sofia Trophy.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Ekaterina Ryabova (sp?) could make a splash next season right? Is her SB high enough to get a GP assignment? She has a 3-3 and good spins.

NaVi

Medalist
Ryabova might get a spot at Moscow... but I wouldn't bet on her being selected by anyone else. There are a lot of considerations that go with selections... including commercial so you'll likely see some Americans with worse season's best get selected.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I think it's worth mentioning that Alexandra Feigin of Bulgaria scored 193.40 points at Sofia Trophy.

As a Bulgarian, I am very happy that we finally have a skater, who is doing so well. However, I think she deserves better programs and daily dancing lessons, because this season she did well only due to her tech scores.

In the free program at Worlds, she had the lowest possible score in PCS (#24 out of 24 skaters!) and was still 16th overall. Her tech score was higher than that of Gabby Daleman, for example. It is really a pity. I am not a skater, but to me it seems that the jumps and the spins are the most difficult part and she has them. The program and "the packaging" seem to be the problem and her team could do a better job. Her FP is the Nutckracker, when it is obvious that she has no ballet background. The FP only emphasises the fact that she cannot dance, so why choose it? The SP was on "Schiendler's List" music and she even started the program with a look that reminded of Lipnitskaya. When you take that music, you know that you'll be compared to a masterpiece and the comparison will not be in you favour, so why?

I really hope that they get better program ideas for next season and daily dance classes. With her technical content and an improvement in PCS, she could be much closer to the first 10. Alexandra is still very young and has a lot of potential, so I'll be definitely following her.

Here are her results at worlds:
SP Overall #20. TES (33.01) #15 and PCS (23.68) #29 out of 40 skaters
FP Overall #16. TES (62.35) rank #14 and PCS (46.27) rank #24 out of 24 skaters

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
good luck to marina, roberta, laurine and mae berenice for tomorrow! do your best!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Very nice debut for Marina Piredda, she has the potential to aim at bigger scores especially in GOE: good speed throughout the program, in and out of the elements, jumps were all big and fully rotated, nice transitions especially in the combo withe the split jump and turns.

That 3ltz was a BEAUTY, good toe-pick assistance, huge height and distance, speed and flow in and out and good transition. It could even be a +5 in the future. (one judge gave her a +4 here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsikFPed-f0