2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Very nice debut for Marina Piredda, she has the potential to aim at bigger scores especially in GOE: good speed throughout the program, in and out of the elements, jumps were all big and fully rotated, nice transitions especially in the combo withe the split jump and turns.

That 3ltz was a BEAUTY, good toe-pick assistance, huge height and distance, speed and flow in and out and good transition. It could even be a +5 in the future. (one judge gave her a +4 here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsikFPed-f0

marina and lucrezia beccari are our hope for the future. do you think marina will get jgp next season or will she fully move up to seniors

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
marina and lucrezia beccari are our hope for the future. do you think marina will get jgp next season or will she fully move up to seniors

We'll see in the free, she needs to build her scores with new PBs. Also i'm not sure (doubt) she can have a Senior GP spot, if she doesn't moving to seniors would mean only doing the minor events before Nationals, Europeans and Worlds.

Alessia Tornaghi also was good at Nationals.

Nirti

Medalist
Alexandra Feigin did 3Lz+3Lo at Skate Victoria... Sofia should really apply to organize Euros again, as she performs very well at home!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Is it possible that Pirreda gets invited to GP next season? With this SB i guess she have a good place and she's higher than the french girls and Chartrand on the list.

ragdoll

On the Ice
I had never seen Maria Predda before the WTT but I think she may have a great future ahead of her. I really liked her skating. Lovely style and presentation.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm glad marina made such an impression :biggrin: i hope she (and lucrezia beccari and lara naki gutmann) can place higher next season and get us back some spots

AkikoNana

Rinkside
Alessia is the actual senior national champion but not eligible in international competitions (next year she will be) while Marina is the junior champion but senior eligible 😅 this year after Kostner injuries ItaFed seems to be a little confused...and Marina was certainly a big surprise.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
And Alessia or will she still be in juniors?

of course alessia too (blame my memrery, sometimes it's really bad :biggrin:)

Alessia is the actual senior national champion but not eligible in international competitions (next year she will be) while Marina is the junior champion but senior eligible �� this year after Kostner injuries ItaFed seems to be a little confused...and Marina was certainly a big surprise.

i'm actually terrified that next year, in a rush to get back spots, they will push both lucrezia and alessia in seniors, at least for big events such as euros and worlds, i hope they don't burn them in the process

AkikoNana

Rinkside
Only one spot for euros and worlds means that they must focus on ONE girl if they want the judges give a boost in PCS.
At the moment Piredda is the best choice, we don’t know how Lucrezia and Alessia will do in senior.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Only one spot for euros and worlds means that they must focus on ONE girl if they want the judges give a boost in PCS.
At the moment Piredda is the best choice, we don’t know how Lucrezia and Alessia will do in senior.

i'm still hoping lucrezia will stay in junior next season

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Any word on Alexia Paganini or other European ladies skaters? I’m looking forward to a hopefully exciting European Championships.

SkySkater

On the Ice
Fingers crossed for both of them. I think Anna Kuzmenko will stay junior and go to JGPs as she is only a first year senior and then go senior for euroes and theoretically worlds and will also go to junior worlds--she has a shot though at the french gp host pick so it could go either way.

Ryabova is my favourite of the ex-Russian girls and I hope she gets on the gp she finished 13th I think at worlds so just out of the guaranteed berth of 2 which is a shame but if anyone drops out prior to the allocations I think that will mean she will get two. Alternatively I think she has a season's best of 179 which is relatively high and considering she is training in Moscow may help her get assigned Rostelecom especially considering that the season's best list is full of Russian's outside of the top 24 who won't be able to get GPs due to the limits. I really hope she'll get gps otherwise it would be jgp which I think would be a step back and/or challenger series

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I wonder what Alexia will do next season. Last season I would almost consider a breakout season for her so I'm really excited. Didn't she once learn a 4sal as a junior?