2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

lavoix

Match Penalty
Is Kostner still around? I hope she goes on for at least 2 more seasons. She broke my heart last season with her horrible skates and this is not how I want to remember Kostner.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Is Kostner still around? I hope she goes on for at least 2 more seasons. She broke my heart last season with her horrible skates and this is not how I want to remember Kostner.

She's due to compete next weekend at Japan Open. And she has GP assignments - Finland and IDF.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I was surprised to find out that Nastya Arkhipova doesn't have a second JGP spot. Do you think she still has a chance? She was the senior national champion and was 4th in her first event after all :scratch3:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Perhaps they just want to spread the spots around? But it makes no sense to me, she was both senior and junior national champion and the only one capable of scoring near the podium.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Perhaps they just want to spread the spots around? But it makes no sense to me, she was both senior and junior national champion and the only one capable of scoring near the podium.

But Maryna Zhdanovych has two spots (maybe the second one depends on her performance in Ostrava?). I've never seen her skate, so I don't know what to expect.

Nastya is one of the best non-Russian European skaters and I hope she has many opportunities to compete.

Fluture

Record Breaker

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
NO CARO :( :( :( I'm happy for Loena because she was amazing but I'm just so sad about Caro right now... I just hope she's continuing to compete...

She's been training (she was in Champery for a while this summer) so don't lose heart just yet.

Fluture

Record Breaker
She's been training (she was in Champery for a while this summer) so don't lose heart just yet.

I don't, I'm firmly believing in her but after having Kaetlyn take a pause from competing this season, I'm a bit anxious. I just love Caro so much and was looking forward to seeing her. She's one of my favorite skaters, so sorry for freaking out for a second; I guess I was overreacting a bit. :laugh:

DenissVFan

Medalist
Anyone know when we might see Ekaterina Kurakova competing for Poland?

No idea but there are some upcoming competitions in Poland and I'll keep an eye on the entry lists. By the way, the Polish Figure Skating Association hasn't updated the national team since April.

Fluture

Record Breaker
News on Carolina http://www.giornaletrentino.it/spor...il-japan-open-ma-sarà-al-grand-prix-1.1757634
She has joint pain in her left hip and tendonitis in her thigh. She plans to take some time to recover and be ready to compete in in GP series.

Oh no, I hope she'll be fine soon. She really doesn't have to do the GP series, tendonitis can hurt like hell... I would love to see her skate but she shouldn't feel obliged to push herself over what might be the limit. But she's clever and has lots of experience so she'll definitely make the right decision! Wishing her all the best.

Anyway, Loena just won a bronze at Nebelhorn trophy! She was really, really good. I'm not too fond of tango programs but with her, you could see how much she's truly into performing, she really has a raw talent for it. I enjoyed seeing her so fierce and dramatic. Lovely, Loena! Congrats on your medal!

lavoix

Match Penalty
Does anyone know where I can find Loena's FP from Nebelhorn? She was a great surprise and I hope she continues to grow, it's about time Europe gets a new star in figure skating.