Haein Lee | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Haein Lee

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
man
Hae-in's Firedance was literal fire! The girl got her redemption. She just radiated joy with her step sequence. :luv17:

gotoschool

Medalist
Hae-In Lee's performances (SP and LP) in the 4CC ranking competitions were fabulous. I think she should have won the competition. Her expressive movements including fluid pirouettes and even the fine details of how she rotated her wrists are marvelous, and she really peaked in her passionate delivery of the step sequence in the LP with quick, crisp edges and a variety of facial expressions to bring vitality to her delivery of the choreography with intricate and graceful movement to the music and many multi directional turns. While the SP was beautiful in its elegant classical interpretation, I think she exuded her unique charm even more wonderfully in the Latin flavored Firedance LP. Here are the videos in excellent quality:

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KChNm8Mk928
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asrMnx195ok

gotoschool

Medalist
I really enjoyed Haein's performances at Nationals and Worlds. She is impressive with her graceful attention to detail in the extension and expression of her movements and her wonderful musicality as displayed in step sequences, along with her engaging display of facial expressions. The fall in the long at Worlds hurt to see because I was cheering for her to go clean. I hope she comes back in great shape whenever her next competition is.

macy

Record Breaker
will she go senior next season? i'm excited to see her make her debut, whenever that is. i think she will do well.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone have a link to Haein's Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" gala program? No luck finding it on YouTube. Thanks in advance!

gotoschool

Medalist
I just noticed how much I miss Haein Lee's artistic performances, engaging expression and step sequences this season. I know this post is from a few months ago, but this is some of the most impressive jump rope I have ever seen from Haein Lee. She has so much spring in the air and it seems she is almost floating over the rope at times while it sweeps under her feet with lightning quick speed. I was upset to see her exercising so strenuously with a mask on though. I wish she would get more oxygen when she trains. I hope at least South Korea will have a lot of competitions and videos of her performances to see this season. You can press the right arrow to see her jumping rope. https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxpuuAJ4tD/

Last edited:

MaggieLin

On the Ice
Beautiful new SP from Haein today!
Huge improvement on arms and skating skills, great speed and flow, lovely step sequence as usual.
Anyone know if she's working on 3A/quads?

macy

Record Breaker
Beautiful new SP from Haein today!
Huge improvement on arms and skating skills, great speed and flow, lovely step sequence as usual.
Anyone know if she's working on 3A/quads?
can you share a link? i'd love to see

gotoschool

Medalist
I was struck even more after revisiting it at how impressive Haein Lee's Black Swan at Worlds was. To me, it is actually her most impressive program. Such lovely and emotionally compelling expression, marvelous musicality, light fast fluidity over the ice, consummate commitment to the choreography that brings out a dark refined beauty, meticulous extension in movement wtih her arms waving gracefully like a swan taking off from an icy lake and those lovely poses at the beginning and end when she arched her back and looked behind at the camera with her arms outstretched, and the elegant yet slightly edgy costuming with the black mesh. Not too dramatic, but balanced just right in combining dynamic emotion with subtlety and blooming maturity in delivery and a crescendo in confidence as she overcame her early mistake and her jumps, spins, steps, turns and movements grew so smooth, fluid and flexible. Anyway, I hope Haein Lee has a great season and that we get to see her skate soon because I really miss her performances. Haein is one of the few skaters who makes me look far past the prosaic world of scores to get a glimpse of a sublime beauty that isn't quantified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXD89EdbEVM&t=30s

Last edited: