What piece of music do you want to see use... | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What piece of music do you want to see use...

Tutto

Record Breaker
Actually, the BBC War and Peace is not that popular in Russia, so maybe that explains it.

- - - Updated - - -

As for me, I want someone to skate to Leningrad.
Uncensored versions are fine since international audiences don't speak russian anyways.

Is that horror of Anna Karenina adaptation with Keira Knightly popular in Russia? :scratch2:

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I really loved Experience by Ludovico Einaldi. First saw Laurine LeCavellier skate to this piece and have been in love ever since. Someone else needs to make it their long program.

Also really liked To Build a Home by Cinematic Orchestra. I think Dimi skated to it last season? I wouldn't mind seeing it performed again.

I love Placebo's running up that hill and could see someone skating to that.

Just please no more warhorses.

moriel

Record Breaker
Is that horror of Anna Karenina adaptation with Keira Knightly popular in Russia? :scratch2:

Actually more that the BBC i think.
Imho AK is better, i mean, it is obviously theatrical, while the BBC W&P is just bad.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Actually more that the BBC i think.
Imho AK is better, i mean, it is obviously theatrical, while the BBC W&P is just bad.

Really? Of course you are entitled to your opinion but why have you actually watched all 6 episodes? IMHO it is the best adaptation ever (minus the pigs in the backyard of Rostovs' town house and Natasha dancing to a gypsy song)

Spinning

On the Ice
I hope some lyrical skaters would considered skating to Christopher Young's Humility and Love. Yu/Jin did a pretty memorable program during 2015-2016.

moriel

Record Breaker
Really? Of course you are entitled to your opinion but why have you actually watched all 6 episodes? IMHO it is the best adaptation ever (minus the pigs in the backyard of Rostovs' town house and Natasha dancing to a gypsy song)

Yep i did.
But i do not state my opinion, but that of the russian critics and audiences. A few points:
1. It is inferior to the Bondarchuk version
2. Plotlines were cut, and the original was much simplified
3. There is a lot of criticism of the casting decisions, mostly the actress who plays Natasha (but russians seemed to only like Pierre)
4. Overall lack of care and inacuracies. The costumes and the locations look like the team was simply lazy and careless. The team says it tried to achieve more modern visuals, but at least russians seem to think it failed.

In summary, watch the one by Bondarchuk. That may give you some insights on why russians dislike the BBC one.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Yep i did.
But i do not state my opinion, but that of the russian critics and audiences. A few points:
1. It is inferior to the Bondarchuk version
2. Plotlines were cut, and the original was much simplified
3. There is a lot of criticism of the casting decisions, mostly the actress who plays Natasha (but russians seemed to only like Pierre)
4. Overall lack of care and inacuracies. The costumes and the locations look like the team was simply lazy and careless. The team says it tried to achieve more modern visuals, but at least russians seem to think it failed.

In summary, watch the one by Bondarchuk. That may give you some insights on why russians dislike the BBC one.

Actually I watched Bondarchuk's adaptation and I like BBC's one more. Pierre, Natasha & Andrei, Marya are just as I imagined them when I read the book, in fact all casting with the exception of Helene & Anatol is great. But it is true that BBC's version feels rushed and Andrew Davies himself admitted that he shouldn't have limited it to 6 episodes, especially as there was plenty more filmed - enough to add 2 more.

moriel

Record Breaker
Actually I watched Bondarchuk's adaptation and I like BBC's one more. Pierre, Natasha & Andrei, Marya are just as I imagined them when I read the book, in fact all casting with the exception of Helene & Anatol is great. But it is true that BBC's version feels rushed and Andrew Davies himself admitted that he shouldn't have limited it to 6 episodes, especially as there was plenty more filmed - enough to add 2 more.

Well, as i said, russians tend to disagree, specially about Natasha =)
As i said, the only character russians like is Pierre, even though he is completely different from how Pierre is described in books, the actor managed to capture well the character.